31 | 𝐀 𝐑𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐮𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧

________________

________________

20 SEPTEMBER, SATURDAY, 03:32 PM, MALABAR HILL, MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA

"GANPATI BAPPA! MORYA!" The kids yelled while the parents carried the big sculpture of lord Ganesha

"GANPATI BAPPA! MORYA!" The kids yelled while the parents carried the big sculpture of lord Ganesha. Ganesh Chaturthi, is a celebration of the arrival of Lord Ganesha to earth from Kailash parvat with his mother Goddess Parvati. The festival is marked with the installation of Lord Ganesh's sculptures in homes. The celebration includes chanting of Vedic hymns and prayers. Offerings and prasad from the daily prayers are distributed from the pandal to the community, include modaks and other sweets as it is believed to be a favourite of Lord Ganesh. 

The festival ends on the tenth day after start, when the idol is carried in a public procession with music and group chanting, then immersed in a nearby body of water such as a river or sea, called visarjan. Thereafter the clay idol dissolves and Ganesh is believed to return to Mount Kailash. The festival celebrates Lord Ganesh as the God of New Beginnings and the Remover of Obstacles as well as the god of wisdom and intelligence. It was Kainaat's favorite festival and the girl was ecstatic about it, since she was the one screaming most.

Since the kids were at Academy during the welcoming ceremony, they were now enjoying the visarjan. Ganesh Chaturthi celebration was considered the biggest one in Maharashtra. And Kai finally did see why. There were people in swarms, all of them cheering and hollering the same. The plan was to first settle the sculpture in the temple and after doing the last aarti they'd do the visarjan.
"GANPATI BAPPA MORYA!" Kai yelled loudly again and the others followed her lead.

All of them were clad in orange and yellow outfits, their faces smeared with kumkum.
"I've never seen her this happy!" Aryamann told Hardik who was beside him, carrying the sculpture. 

"Rudy told me it's her favorite festival." Hardik replied, letting out a chuckle when Kainaat started dancing with the priest. The men placed the sculpture on the pedestal and backed away. Every family was present in there from the Rathores to the Raichands.