66 | 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐉𝐚𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐫

✦————Mel Ceremony————✦

Mel is a Rajput wedding ceremony where both the families of the groom and the bride throw a grand feast to their respective guests once the wedding proceeding start and the Tilak ceremony and the Ganpati Sthhapana is done. It is almost always a dinner that is accompanied by traditional dance performances or some ceremonial songs and music and is considered as the official announcement of the wedding.

✦————————✦

07:38 AM, 8 DECEMBER, MONDAY, NAHARGARH FORT, KRISHNA NAGAR, BRAHAMPURI, JAIPUR, RAJASTHAN 302002

"This is my life now. I have climbed this hill and now I will die upon it." Samaira yelled out dramatically, flailing her hands in the air. "Shut up. We've only been hiking for thirty minutes." Rajveer said, smacking his sister on the head. "No but seriously. Why the hell did you dragged us on top of some mountain? That too at seven in the damn morning!" Ashrut grumbled and Kainaat who was leading them with Kabir, Hardik, Advik, Vyom, Aryamann and Ahaan glanced back. "To see this view." She said, pointing towards the sky from where the sun was rising.

"It's beautiful." Anya and Lavanya breathed out, their eyes shining as they saw the sunrise. "Okay, I get it but what is this place again?" Rudransh asked and Kainaat smiled. "It's Nahargarh fort." She said and then began explaining the story behind the fort. They sat on the trail for a while, watching locals and some foreigners lingering around while Kainaat told them bits and pieces about the place. "Kabir bhai and I always used to come here on Sundays or Saturdays." Kainaat stated and Kabir smiled.

"And you always used to whine that your legs are dead. This girl always made me carry her down." He added and Kainaat waved him off. "You're being dramatic. I was small that time." She stated and Rudraksh snorted. "You still are small." He remarked and Kainaat snapped her neck to him, her eyes narrowing in anger. "Do you want me to beat you up this early in the morning?" She hissed, her teeth gritting and Rudraksh rolled his eyes. "Try me you little gremlin." He replied and it was all it took for Kainaat to lunge at him. Rudraksh though dodged her attack and was instantly up and running.

Kainaat too ignored her scraped knee and stood up, taking off after him, her bag thumping loudly against her back. "Oh my god! Let's go before they kill each other." Hardik groaned as all of them too stood up. "Really? I wanna see!" Ashrut yelled, running after the siblings and everyone followed him. When they reached the Rathore siblings, the sight was not what they expected. Kainaat was sitting on a bench, Rudraksh scolding her and tending to the scrape on her knee.
"-so fucking careless! I will seriously lock you up like a cat! You in one of those-mmph!" Rudraksh was cut off when Kainaat stuffed a cookie in his mouth.

"Sorry." She said with a pout, her eyes wide and everyone watching her melted. Samaira was the first one to break as she moved forward and pinched Kainaat's cheeks. "You're so cute! I could eat you up." Samaira spoke but frowned when Zeeshaan slapped her hand away. "Don't fucking pull her cheeks. Look at how red they are." He stated, pointing towards her cheeks. "Yeah," Rudransh started, giving Kainaat a sly smirk. "Only her brothers can pull them." He added, pulling Kainaat's cheeks harshly. "Fucking leave my cheeks you punk!" Kainaat snapped, pushing him away.