33 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐚

______________

______________

25 SEPTEMBER, 05:17 PM, FRIDAY, MEHRA MANSION, JOR BAGH, DELHI

"How is it a blue and white themed party when the only ones wearing blue would be you and I?" Kainaat asked Aaditya who grinned.
"Because I'm the birthday boy and you are my best friend." He reasoned and she gave him a weird look.
"Yes. You are the birthday boy, then why the hell am I wearing blue? Do you think we are ten again?" She asked and he sighed.
"Because we need to look the same. Like what we used to do when we were kids." He replied and Kai pursed her lips.

"You're forgetting it's also a business event. There are gonna be people from all over the country." She stated and he rolled his eyes.
"You know what, talk to mom. She's the only one you can't speak against." He spar and Kai sighed, walking into the Mehra house.
"Kai! Mera baccha ghar aa gaya! Neerav! Dekho kaun aaya hai!" Aaditya's mother Seema yelled when Kai and Aadi walked into the drawing room.

"Mummy!" Aadi yelled running towards his mother but his smile fell when his mother passed him and hugged Kainaat instead.
"How are you Kai? Did you lose weight? You cheeks looks sunken. Kai, beta were you sick? Come sit here. Don't they have good food at Trinity? You have to stay here for a while. We need to get you chubby." She ranted, squeezing Kai's cheeks between her palms.
"Mama S, calm down! Calm down, I missed you too." Kai assured the woman who sighed and hugged her.

"Kainaat! Meri bacchi. Look at you, getting taller everytime I see you." Neerav Mehra remarked, patting Kai's head softly. Aaditya gave his parents a dirty look and plopped down on the couch.
"Kitni pyari family hai meri. Kitna pyaar karte hai na mujhse ye log." He taunted and his parents rolled their eyes whereas Kai smirked slyly.
"Do you guys know what happened on our way back here? Aadi drov-"
"Kai doesn't want to wear a dress in the gala." Kai started but Aaditya cut her off.

Seema narrowed her eyes at him before turning to Kai with a smile.
"I have picked out a perfect dress for you. Please wear it. Tell me you're gonna wear it." She nagged and Kai sighed before nodding.
"Okay." She mumbled back and Aditya scoffed, making Kai turn to him.
"This brat ate all of my food last night." She spat with a pout and Seema twisted Aaditya's ear, making him yelp out in pain.
"I knew I was adopted and she is your real kid!" He whined making his parents and Kai chuckle.

08:28 PM, SINGHANIYA MANSION, PRITHVIRAJ ROAD, CENTRAL DELHI

"How many times do I have to tell you guys we're not going?!" Samaira yelled at her and her friend's siblings.
"What crawled up your nose and died?" Aryamann asked his sister who rolled her eyes and turned back to lay her head on the table.
"What's up with all of them?" Anya asked when she saw the others banging their heads on the table too.
"More important. Where the hell is  Kainaat? I bought this dress for her." Ira asked and all of them looked up with disheartened looks.