45 | 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

_______________

_______________

8 NOVEMBER, SATURDAY, 08:24 PM, , MEDICAL WING, UMAID BHAWAN PALACE, CIRCUIT HOUSE RD, CANTT AREA, JODHPUR, RAJASTHAN

"You lied?" She asked Bhairav, turning to face him and he nodded with a guilty look. "We knew we couldn't find you so we had to do something so that you'll come back." He reasoned and Kai turned to face the others, her eyes filling up when she saw Hardik and Raksh. They way all of them were looking at her, she realized they knew. They knew everything. Kai took in a shuddering breath when her eyes met Devyani's and she couldn't stop her emotions from rolling out of her tongue. 

"Maa?" She called out and that was all it took for Devyani to break into sobs. She ran towards her daughter and wrapped her into a hug, crying on her shoulder. Kai hugged her tightly and sniffled, tears falling from her eyes continuously. Devyani backed away from her, and looked her over, repeatedly pecking her cheeks and forehead. "Meri beti. Meri beti. My daughter's back. I won't ever let you go again. I'm sorry. Your maa is sorry that she slapped you. I'm so sorry mera baccha. Please forgive me. Please don't leave me again." She sobbed while doing so and Kai smiled through the tears. 

"Maa." She said again and Devyani nodded. "Yes! Yes, I'm your maa. I'm your mother honey." Devyani said with a smile, letting her go. Kai then turned towards Pratap who was looking at her with a sad smile. She nodded at him and he moved forward, wrapping her into a hug. "My kid. Eighteen years. Eighteen years I've spent dying everyday, thinking I had lost you. I finally got you. I finally got my daughter back. I am never letting you go. Never. My child! My daughter!" He said, kissing her forehead softly and Kai nodded, choking on a sob. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I believed the lies that day. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He apologised and Kai shook her head, resting her head on his shoulder. "Papa." She whispered softly and Pratap smiled, biting back his sob and hugged her tightly. "You don't know how long I've waited to hear this. How long I've yearned to hear my daughter calling me papa." He told her, with a small smile, tears shining in his eyes and she backed away.

Kai turned to her brothers and smiled at them through the tears, opening her arms. Rudrakash reached out first, wrapping her in a hug, tears dropping from his eyes. "You promised you wouldn't leave me ever again and you disappear off like that? Do you know how scared I was?" He yelled at her and she sighed in his arms, sniffling the tears. "I thought you guys were angry, that you hated me. None of your trusted me. I-"
"I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." She started and Hardik cut her off, taking both of them into a hug. 

Rudransh followed and the four of them stood into the middle of the room for a few moments. "Our sister! We are never letting you go now. You're staying with us forever." Hardik mumbled, affectionately patting her hair. "Now you have to call us bhaiya you brat." Ansh muttered as all of them backed away and Kai chuckled. "Nope. I'm not calling you both that." She said and he pouted. "Maa! Look at her! Tell her that I am older than her and she will call me bhaiya." He whined and Devyani chuckled at her kids.