18 | Fencing and Shooting

SATURDAY, 17 AUGUST, 07:45 AM, UMAID BHAWAN PALACE, JODHPUR

"I still don't get why I'm here?" Kai muttered to Ansh, in a sleepy tone. "Because bhaiya likes to practice with us when we're home." He answered and she saw as Hardik arranged swords while Raksh cleaned them. "Yeah, but why did you have to bring me here?" She asked and he sighed. "Because you are practicing with us." Raksh said, walking over to her and taking her hand to drag her towards the swords.

"Pick one of your liking." Hardik said and Kai gave him a look of disbelief. "I- seriously?" She spat and he nodded. She then turned towards the swords and randomly picked one. "That's mine." Pratap said, walking out of nowhere.
"Agh, I can pick another one." She said and he shook his head with a smile. "It's okay. I will be just observing." He said and Kai nodded. She twirled the sword in her hand, as she walked after the boys.

"Get in front of me. No, don't stand still, stand in a slanted way. Yes, bend your knees." Hardik directed Kai who did as he said.
"Grip the sword properly with both hands. Here place your right hand at the top end of the grip and the other hand at the bottom of the grip, closer to the pommel. Keep your elbows bent and close to your body." Pratap helped Kai holding the sword properly. After he was sure her grip was correct, he backed away.

"Open your body at a 45-degree angle, your left foot ahead of your right. Yes, good." Hardik said and Kai did so. "Now, repeat after me." He said and moved the sword straight down from the top, then straight up from the bottom before moving it diagonally down to the left. Kai repeated the actions, less gracefully than him which earned her a smile from her instructor.

Hardik then nodded and moved his sword diagonally down to the right then diagonally up from the left before moving it diagonally up from the right, and striking right and left horizontally. Kai repeated after him and he grinned.
"Very good. You're better than the twins when they started learning." Pratap commented earning him looks from his sons. They practiced for bit before Kai grew tired and slumped on the grass. 

"Enough. I'm tired. This sword is so heavy." She panted and the twins slumped beside her.
"No, ugh, you smell. Get away from me." She screeched, pushing the twins away when they tried to scoot near. When they didn't budge Kai jumped up and kicked their feet in anger and disgust.
"You guys are disgusting." She said, shuddering when she saw them grinning.
"Get up and shower both of you. Or I'll show her around." Pratap threatened and the twins sprang up instantly.

"No, no we'll show her around." Ansh said and both of htem to their rooms to get ready. It was about after fifteen minutes when both of them came down and found Kai talking to their grandfather.
"Really? You drove it? Wow, daadu." Kai said with wide eyed and Bhairav smiled at her.
"Stop hogging our friend daadu. Come on, Kai we'll show you around." Raksh said and grabbed her hand, dragging her with himself.