𝐗 | 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬

_____________

_____________

WEDNESDAY, 24 JULY, 08:09 AM, GANESH TEMPLE, SECTOR 26 M.G. ROAD, GURUGRAM

"Yes Maa?" Rahil asked his mother who for the third time called him. "Rahil beta, have you got the fl-"
"I got everything maa. The sweets, the flowers, presents for the temple kids, and separate food for the stray dogs. Don't worry." He said cutting off his mother's sweet blabbering, as he got off of his car.
"Mera pyaara beta. Sab yaad hai na tumhe? Bas ghar aana yaad nahi hai." His mother taunted in a sweet voice and Rahil chuckled. (My sweet child. You remember everything except that you have to come back home, right?)

"Maa. It's only been a week. I'm coming back tomorrow." He replied, while walking up the stairs of the temple.
"Hmm. I have one more favor to ask." Avni said and Rahil groaned.
"Please go check on Raina. Make sure she's fine." She said and Rahil nodded, taking out his shoes along before entering in the temple.
"Okay maa. I'll talk to you later now. I'm in the temple." He said and cancelled the call.

Meanwhile Kainaat pouted at the priest who chuckled.
"Pandit ji, aap has kyu rahe hai? Ab main prasad kaha se laaun? Ye chuhe toh mere hisse ka bhi kha gaye." Kai said to the priest who smiled at her. (Pandit Ji, why are you laughing? Where will I get the offering from? These mice didn't leave anything for me.)
"Iska matlab ye hai ke aaj kuch accha hoga. Ise bhagwaan ka ashrivaad samjho." The priest replied and Kai sulked. (That means something good's gonna come out of it. Think of it as lord ganesha's blessings upon you child.)

Kai's attention snapped to her phone when it rang suddenly and she gave the priest an apologetic look. Walking to the side, she sighed and picked up the call.
"For heaven's sakes, Kainaat tell me where the hell you went without telling any of us?" Rudraksh roared at her and Kainaat banged her head against the pillar. Meanwhile Rahil smiled at the priest who took the offerings from his hands and placed them infront of the idols' sculpture.

Rahil prayed infront of the idol, in all sincerity before smiling at the priest and walking back. While on his way out, he slammed into Kai, who was walking towards the priest in hurry.
"Sorry." She yelled loudly, without looking back and Rahil clenched his jaw, glancing back at her form.
"Badtameez." He muttered before walking out and wearing his shoes. All the while he was doing that he kept, looking for Kai's face but had no luck. Kai on the other hand grinned when she reached the priest and he gave her a ladoo.

She quickly ate it and rang the bell hanging above her.
"Thank you pandit ji. I'll go now. Mujhe der ho rahi hai. Baad mein aaungi. Bye." She said and ushered out of the temple. Her eyes searched for the man who she previously slammed into but she frowned when she didn't see him. Stepping down the stairs quickly, she looked around the street for a taxi, while anxiously looking down at the time on her watch. (I'm getting late now. I'll be back soon.)