32 | 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐨 & 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

_______________

24 SEPTEMBER, WEDNESDAY, 12:32 PM, CLASS ROOM 52, TRINITY ACADEMY, GURUGRAM

"So what do you all think?" The professor asked the students after he explained the case to them.
"It's Hit and run. He was drunk and driving. As per Section 279 of IPC, he will face imprisonment for 6 months, a fine of Rs 1000 or both if the plaintiff's family demands it. Though he can get bail easily, it isn't non cognizable." Anshuman stated in a bored tone and Kainaat rolled her eyes. She learned a day before that she shared this class not only with Rajveer but Anshuman as well. And Anshuman has made it his business to annoy her during the entirety of those 90 minutes.

"It's good to see you remember your sections Anshuman and that you are participating. But I need more answers. From a critical view." The professor remarked.

"Yes, Kainaat." The professor called when Kai raised her hand up to answer.
"Section 304 A and Section 307 of IPC will be applicable." She answered and the professor gave her a questioning look.
"Can you elaborate?" He asked and she nodded.

"The driver wasn't drunk. He was in Mizvah, before he drove back home. It's Mizvah's policy that alcohol or any type of drug is banned there and we didn't find any trace of alcohol in his car either." She started and the professor gestured her to go on.

"That only proves he wasn't drunk. Plus his tests came out negative, there was no sedative in his system either that means he was not under the influence of alcohol or drug. And driver who is not under the influence of alcohol if leads to injury of a person in an accident, the crime is reported under section 304 A. Attempted Murder. So he will face imprisonment for a year with a fine that may exceed 5000 rupees. 304 A is a non-bailable offense, so he can't get bail either." She added, facing Anshuman with a fact.

"Along with that, we have proof that he had a quarrel with the plaintiff previously and threatened to kill him. So after further procedures it may be proven that it is an attempt to murder under section 307 and the imprisonment may rise to over ten years." She completed and bit her lip when she found the whole class gawking at her. The professor let out a smile and clapped his hands, the others following in sync. Rajveer who was sitting beside her grinned at her in admiration.

"That was the answer I was looking for." The professor remarked and Kai nodded at him. The bell rang, signaling the class was over and everyone stood up, walking out. Kai rolled her eyes when Anshuman passed her a smirk and held Rajveer back from saying anything. She walked out with him, smiling when she found the others waiting outside for them.
"Your classes are in different wings. How the heck are you all here so early? Do you even go to class?" She asked as all of them began walking back to the main wing.

"We get off early." Reeva said with a shrug and Kai shook her head. Of course they did, who even would stop the elites from doing anything? 

The weather was windy, with no signs of sun. Kai smiled, looking up at the purplish pink sky and sighed.
"Is that my shirt?" Rudransh asked out of nowhere and she licked her lips before making a run for it.
"Kai! Why do you always steal my clothes?!" He yelled and ran after her.
"Because you always steal my pens!" She yelled back, running towards the gardens.

The other six followed after them, amused looks on their faces. Kai was running back to their usual area when she suddenly slammed into someone. She looked up, the grin not falling from her face when she found it was Eeshaan.