49 | 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

________________

________________

11 NOVEMBER, TUESDAY, 03:35 PM, UMAID BHAWAN PALACE, CIRCUIT HOUSE RD, CANTT AREA, JODHPUR, RAJASTHAN

Kainaat froze mid way, the phone falling from her hands.
"Kai? Kainaat what happened?" Hardik asked in concern when he saw his sister frozen on the stairs, her eyes wide with unshed tears and a horrified expression on her face. Getting no response from her, Hardik glanced at the others and Rudraksh moved forward. He ran up the few stairs and shook her body.
"Kai? You're scaring us! What happened?" He asked and she snapped from the shock, looking up at him with eyes full of tears.

"Rahil. H-he, he got into an accident. Raksh something happened. He was saying something about a truck. He was coming back. Their breaks failed. Raksh something happened to him!" She rambled, her voice quavering with fear. "What?!" Reeva's yell came and she instantly called her parents. "Kai? Do you get what you're saying? It could've been a network issue! You must've misheard." Rudraksh tried to calm her down but she pushed him away, making her way down quickly.

"I know what I heard! He had an accident. Bhai, bhai please I need to get here. Bhai are you listening to me?" She yelled at Hardik who was just as shocked as she was. "Kainaat are you absolutely su-" "Are you guys for real?! I just said he had an accident! Why don't you get it?! You either take me there or I will go on my own." She cut him off with a yell, turning towards Reeva who cancelled the call with a pale face. 

"Eva? What is it? Are they okay? What happened?" She asked and Reeva bursted into tears. "They were in an accident. I just talked to bhai. He said Rahil bhai is very hurt and he's being taken to hospital now. I need to leave right now." She said and Kainaat nodded. "I'm coming with you." She said and Reeva nodded. "We're coming as well." The other said and Hardik turned to Ishika who nodded. "I'll book us a flight." She said and all of them took of towards their cars.

06:42 PM, SEVEN HILLS HOSPITAL, ANDHERI EAST, MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA 400059

It took Kainaat about three hours to reach the hospital. She was in the car with Kabir who was leaning on her shoulder, Rudraksh seated on his other side while Hardik and Ishika were in the front. The rest were in the other cars sent for them. Kainaat's heart was thundering in her chest as she tried to stop her mind from taking her negative directions. She had learned a little while ago that the others were already there but it was talking them a while because of the traffic.

"How long will it take bhaiya?" She asked Hardik who sighed, scratching his eyebrow. "Maybe five to ten minutes. Or it could take upto fifteen. The traffic still haven't cleared up. Don't worry, the hospital's just down the-" Before Hardik could complete his sentence, Kainaat was out of the car, running towards the side walks. "Kai! Where the hell are you going?!" Kabir yelled at her, his eyes narrowing in bafflement when Ishika too ran after her. "Don't worry. I'll look after her. You guys come when the traffic clears." Ishika yelled, and the boys sighed.