Chapter 22

"I'm fine Mrs. Nolan. Why did you ask?" Elia asks confusedly

"You didn't submit your chemistry assignment yesterday," Mrs. Nolan says, making Elia freeze in track. She totally forgets about that.

"I'm sorry. I really forgot about it" Elia said apologetically. Great, now they'll think that she's changed because she was an actor's daughter, she could act however she wants. Fantastic

"It's fine Elia. I've extended the due date. But you'll get a B for that because you weren't being punctual." Mrs. Nolan said

Great, another grade down. Just what she's been asking for. Thank you, universe.

Elia's sighs covered her face with her hands. Frustrating

"I'll send it to you soon. Thank you, Mrs. Nolan" Elia said, exhaling slowly.

The class ended.

Elia's stressing. What else could go wrong? Well, she is just waiting for today's practice on circuit, waiting for the crew to spoil the secret to her family about her little accident yesterday.

She looks at the time

She has another 2 hours to get ready for her practice. So, she'll do her missing assignment and send it to her tutor.

She was so stressed she couldn't get the answer to finish the assignment. Not even slightest. She's getting mad and mad at herself right now. This wasn't supposed to be happening right now.

And right now, all she could think about was getting on the circuit, driving, speeding and drifting to let her anger out.

She decided she can't do the assignment anymore. She gets out of her room and goes to her music room. Her comfort place other than in her mother's embrace. She really wants to go to Lizzie right now but she can't because then, Lizzie will know what's going on.

While Elia's upstairs in her music room, the adults that's going to be tagging along to her practice today have arrived downstairs.

They were chatting around when they suddenly heard soft music piano instruments being played. Their head immediately snapped to the stairs hearing it carefully. They were in awed hearing the piano being played

"She so good" Evans said

"She is. Especially when she's playing the violin. That was masterpiece" Mackie continued

They were all just smiling to themselves not knowing the situation upstairs was sorrowful.

30 minutes later, Elia goes downstairs after getting ready to go to the practice.

They all drove only 2 cars there, Lizzie, Seb and Elia and Scarlett in one car. Evans, Mackie, Renner, Holland and RDJ in one car.

Through the whole ride Elia was silent. She was awfully quiet making Lizzie look back and forth at Scarlett and Elia. Scarlett just looks at Elia puzzled.

"Eli, are you okay?" Lizzie asks because she can't take the silence anymore. Elia snapped out of her thought when she heard her mom calling her.

"Yeah. why wouldn't I be?" Elia lied. This is the second time today someone asks her if she's okay or not.

"Because you were awfully quiet today" Scarlett said

"Eliana," Lizzie said, looking at her deeply. Lizzie knows she's lying. She knew something was wrong with her the minute she saw her daughter fall asleep on her desk studying.

"I'm just nervous. That's all" Elia said whispering fiddling with her thumb

"Why would you be nervous?" Seb asks softly looking at Elia from the rear-view mirror