Chapter 55

Elia and the Grey's go to get lunch at In- N- Out after their meeting and then go straight back home.

As the time passed by, Elia grew more restless, more anxious as she watched the time pass by, waiting for her parents.

Isaac of course noticed this, so he tried his best to keep Elia occupied. They messed around in his music room.

"Lia, you're okay?" Isaac asks, worriedly as he sees Elia dazes in and out.

Elia feels pathetic, ridiculous even as she is being caught by Isaac. She's not a baby. She could handle a few hours being apart from her parents. But why does she feel like she's been drowning under the sea?

"I'm- fine?" Elia answered. She was about to lie to him but she knows Isaac knows her better. He'll obviously know if Elia was lying to him.

Isaac just raised his eyebrows in question.

"I'm just tired. There have been a lot of things going on for these past few months" Elia responded. Technically, that's not a lie.

"I know. But you're doing great Lia. Everyone's here for you. Your mom and dad were always there for you" Isaac exclaimed.

Elia sighs

"That's the problem, Isa. They are always with me and when it comes to this situation, when they have to be apart from me for a few hours, I feel like I can't breathe. I feel like I'm drowning under the sea" Elia whispers, deciding to tell him the truth. Her therapist said that talking to people helped a lot.

"Lia- "Isa started but Elia cut him off

"I know they'll come back, Isa. I know they won't leave me but I can't help this feeling. It makes me frustrated too! I feel like a helpless toddler who can't be apart from their mommy and daddy for a few hours. It's ridiculous"

Isaac could hear Elia start to breathe heavily and he could see the tears forming in her eyes.

"Hey, I wasn't about to say that. I was about to say that it's normal Lia. It's normal after all of the trauma you've been through, it's normal for you to not want to be apart from your parents. No one is making fun of you because of that" Isaac said calmly as he also carefully stepped closer to Elia.

"You gotta breathe properly Elia before you have another panic attack. I know you don't want a panic attack right now. I know it'll make you feel more ridiculous even if no one's saying anything. So, take a deep breath Eliana. I'm right here" Issac added as he kneels in front of Elia at the same eye level.

Isaac continues comforting Elia until she's back to her normal breathing.

Elia look at him straight in the eyes

"We don't talk about this. Got it" Isaac said, nodding, before Elia had the chance to open her mouth. He always knows what Elia's been thinking. Just look her in the eyes and he got it already.

"I feel like time like this is calling for music creation?" Isaac suggests and Elia nodded her head.

-/-

After another painful 3 hours, the meeting finally comes to an end. Lizzie can't wait to go back home and cuddle with her daughter.

That's all they've been doing this past few weeks. Cuddles while watching movies or just spending time between the three of them.

"Lizzie, we might have bad news for you" Joe stated, as his face scrunched waiting for Lizzie to punch him in the face but it would never come.

"What?" Lizzie asks scarily.