Chapter 70

Scarlett has told Sebastian everything after making sure Lizzie's asleep.

It's a hard task for Scarlett to make Lizzie go to bed after a long day because when Lizzie wanted to check on Eliana, they found out that Elia locked her door once again.

It took a lot of convincing from Scarlett to Lizzie to leave Elia alone for the time being.

Honestly, that's all they could do for now. Left her alone for the time being, respect her decision. They know when Elia locks her door, she wants to be alone.

Scarlett stayed until Sebastian came back home 2 hours later.

It's midnight already and he was relieved when Lizzie and Elia had gone to sleep. Elia has unlocked her door before she goes to sleep. So it's an ultimate relief for him too.

After he's done showering and changing into his pjs, he hits the bed and falls asleep immediately.

The parents were really exhausted from working and overthinking about their daughter. It's a lot of work and they can't blame anyone else because they did the damage by themselves. And they're accepting the consequences with an open heart and will do anything to heal whatever is damaged on their daughter.

-/-

It was 3 am when Lizzie awakened with a startle.

Awakened from her own nightmares.

Nightmares about 'that day'

Yeah. It's not just Elia who was struggling with that. It's affecting her mother and her father too. They saw it in front of their eyes. They really thought they were going to lose their daughter in that horrible accident.

Lizzie could feel someone's hands wrapped around her waist and when she looked on her left, it was Sebastian who was still sleeping peacefully. Honestly, he looks dead to the world because of the exhaustion on his face.

Slowly she unwraps the holds in her waist and crept out of the room in hope without her fiance waking up.

Lizzie goes to check on Elia. As she opens the door, she feels relief to see her daughter asleep and she's not 'losing' her daughter like in her dreams just now.

Lizzie just took a moment to mesmerize her daughter's face.

That beautiful face that worms their way through her heart. Through everyone's heart.

Lizzie kisses her daughter's forehead before leaving the room and goes downstairs and into the kitchen.

She made herself some tea.

Can't drink caffeine for the time being. Too much in her mind and she got to go to work. It'll not do good to her body.

Not to mention she's also on a diet to keep fit while still filming the new Marvel movie. Speaking of, Elia is gonna need to do her PT soon since she will have to shoot an end credit scene in 3 months.

Her daughter's hand somehow got worse because of an incident that happened 2 weeks ago. That scene is still vivid on the back of Lizzie's mind. Elia repeatedly punches the hell out of her hands on the tree until her hands bleed.

What Elia said to Isaac really stuck in Lizzie's mind too.

'Hurt me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie'

Everyone clearly didn't think this through until Elia said it out loud. It's true, they can't comfort her with a lie. Because this is the consequence they got.

They want to protect Elia from getting hurt but without them realizing, they're hurting her even more. They're supposed to support her with everything. They can't just take a simple road towards it. Just because they don't want to see Elia being sad, they decide to hides it and even lied to her like she's a dumb person. At least that's what Elia thought.