Chapter 81

Elia has now gone to bed. Lizzie's been putting her daughter to bed and staying with her until she's deep asleep and goes back to her bedroom and finds Sebastian already asleep. He had come to give Elia her goodnight kisses and hugs and went to showered himself.

Lizzie slips under the cover and cuddles with her fiancé until she falls asleep too.

At 2 am, the parents awake from Elia's screaming, crying.

This time it doesn't sound like she's having a nightmare, it sounded like she's in pain. But nevertheless, the parent just sprints to their daughter's room

"Mommy! It hurts!" Elia said, holding her hands, tossing around her bed.

"Baby, what hurts? Could you tell Mommy please?" Lizzie asks worriedly as she kneels in front of Elia, not daring to get in the bed.

"Hands, Mommy. It hurts so much" Elia sobbed out loud.

Lizzie looks at Sebastian in panic and Sebastian takes out his phone and calls an ambulance. It seems like Elia cannot be moved without medical attention and the parents don't want their daughter to be in more pain than she's been through right now.

"Okay, calm down sweet girl. You gotta hold on a little bit okay? Daddy's calling the ambulance and they are on their way to help you. It's okay Baby. You're okay. Just hold on a bit Baby, Mommy's here. I promise I won't leave you okay?"

Elia just wails, crying in pain making Lizzie and Sebastian more panic and worried.

"Did they tell you how far away they are?" Lizzie asks her fiancé

"5 minutes. We can't move her without them" Seb replied distractedly as he was freaking out on the inside seeing Eliana in so much pain.

The parents are so worried right now and scared. They don't know what to do and why it happened so suddenly.

"I know it hurts, Baby, I'm sorry that it hurts. We're waiting for the medic to come to bring you to the hospital and they'll make it better okay? I promise. Just hold on a bit okay, Baby?" Lizzie said, trying to convince Eliana who was now crying, sobbing loudly. There's no doubt that the neighbor will hear this.

"It hurts, Mama," Elia cries, still holding her hands

"I know, Baby. I know it does. You're my strong girl, Mama's so proud of you" Lizzie said, not knowing how to calm her daughter down.

Lizzie just blows on Elia's face, one of her tricks that always calms Elia down while clearing the hair out of her daughter's face in her sweaty forehead.

5 minutes passed by, the parents could hear the ambulance sirens in distant, they must've been around the corner

"They're here. I'm gonna meet them downstairs and bring them up here" Seb exclaims and leave the room

"It's okay, Baby. Everything's gonna be okay. The help here okay? Just be strong for a bit longer okay?" Lizzie assures her daughter who was still actively crying in pain.

Lizzie could hear the front door downstairs being open and Seb talking to the medic while getting upstairs even with Elia's crying in the background

Lizzie just continues stroking Elia's hair to comfort her until the medic takes over.

They tried to ask Eliana questions but she couldn't answer it as she was terribly in pain and when the medic asked to look at her hands, the parents' breath hitched at the sight. Her hands are swollen, her veins popped up and it's blue purplish swollen.

They know it was bad but they don't know it was that bad. Lizzie somehow finds Seb's hand and they both keep on squeezing each other's hand while staring at Elia's swollen hand.