Chapter 58

After making sure Elia and Chris have gone to the car, Seb makes his way to Elia's therapists. Dr. Beatrice Kennedy.

He knocks on the door before entering and Dr. Kennedy frowns when she sees Seb's all alone.

"She's tired. She just tired mentally and physically actually" Seb said, noticing the confusion.

"Guessing this is not just from the PT?" Dr. Kennedy asks, she had a hunch on what Seb's implied for.

"No. She's somehow whenever Lizzie or me or even us both weren't there with her, she'll be anxious, she feels like she can't breathe. Lizzie has to go to Italy for 3 days. She had a panic attack yesterday when she realized her mama wasn't there. She tried so hard to put up a facade to Lizzie that she's fine, she hides her emotion and then she told me this morning about it. She feels like she's drowning under the sea. I don't know what'll happen if both me and Lizzie weren't here" Seb exclaimed.

Dr. Kennedy just listened closely.

"Do you think this is- "Seb trail off

"Separation anxiety" Dr. Kennedy confirms it.

"Have both of you left her alone before?"

"We have. 2 days ago. We've got meetings and we left her with the Grey's" Seb answered. Dr. Kennedy of course knows who The Grey's was. She was Elia's therapist.

"You should ask Isaac if something had happened while you were gone. And now, who is she with?" Dr. Kennedy stated

"She's with Chris. Waiting in the car. She basically doesn't have any energy after her PT. A lot has happened these past few days. She had a panic attack yesterday, then with her hands can't support any weight, she brought up her F4. At first we thought she wanted to be back on the track again but then she mumbles something about she can't be anywhere near that thing for the time being. I don't know. Her emotions are all over the place and could split off in seconds. It drained her energy to be honest" Seb responded

"She's trying to put up a brave face but at the same time she's too vulnerable. It's okay. We'll just take time at her own pace. Just don't let her emotions pent up. Nothing good comes out of it" Dr. Kennedy suggests.

Seb just nodded his head while graveing words and everything on the back of his mind. He has to. Anything for his daughter. It hurts them as much as it's hurting Elia just by seeing her like this.

"Thank you. I think I should get back before Elia realize that I'm actually gone" Seb said

"Yeah, I think that'll be the best idea. I'll see you probably next week or we could just start with our online sessions if she's not up with face to face sessions" Kennedy exclaimed

"We'll see if Lizzie could compromise her" Seb replied and she just nodded her head in understanding. Mother's always knows best and mother's always knows what to do. They bid their goodbyes and Seb went to his car and found out that Elia was sleeping.

No wonder Chris didn't panic.

-/-

2 days have gone by. Those 2 days were blurred and basically they just did everything together. Elia will always be glued to Seb's side, Seb will stay until Elia's asleep in her room and retreat back to his room and in the morning he'll find Elia in their bed.

Sebastian has filled Lizzie in with Elia's PT session but he never told her much. He decides to wait for Lizzie to come home and let Lizzie enjoy her time there. Elia didn't answer Lizzie's call but she'll reply to her text all the time with the excuse 'time difference'.

But yesterday when Elia's awoken by her nightmares at 3 in the morning, she facetimes Lizzie and they talk for hours until Lizzie could see her daughter is fighting to sleep and gives the subtle excuse that she 'have work' to do so that Elia won't feel bad hanging up on her mom because she's sleepy.