Chapter 68

2 weeks passed by.

It has been 2 weeks since Elia knows about The Drew's are the culprit that causes the accident happened on 'that day'

True to the doctors word, Elia can't even lift on a paper or even a pen after she wakes up. And she didn't give them any reaction towards it. She just simply stares and silence.

Silence treatment to everyone.

She didn't have to spend the night at the hospital. The doctors thought that it'll not do any good to Elia if she locked up in a hospital room. So they decided to discharge her.

But what makes them worried is how emotionless Elia was. She didn't even make eye contact with anyone and ignored everyone. When they asked her something, all they met was silence. Especially Isaac.

Elia knows what she did was hurting them but they hurt her even more.

And what makes it hurt was that she knows they are trying to protect her. They did that because they love her but that didn't make it any less. And it surely fuck ups with her mind so much.

Is what they are doing the right thing ever because of love? Is that what you are supposed to do to protect your loved ones?

No, that's not what they should do. But Elia can't think rationally anymore. The more she thought about this, the more hurt she felt, the anger and the sadness.

Hurt her with the truths but never comfort her with a lie.

Nobody was like being lied to.

Elia just simply locks herself in her bedroom. Not crying, not talking with anyone. She just simply staring off into space.

That night, Lizzie fell asleep crying while Sebastian comforted her. She feels utterly guilty for what happened. She knows now that it was wrong and she can't turn back time for it. And it hurts her seeing her daughter didn't even talk to her. Elia was really hurt by their actions.

The next day when the parents wake up, they try to get Elia to eat her breakfast but to no avail. Lizzie and Seb ask Grammie to drop off Elia's dog because they're gonna bring the dog to Atlanta tomorrow. They were supposed to pick up the dog from Grammie's house but they can't leave Elia alone at the house and Elia won't even budge to go anywhere other than her bedroom.

So Grammie offers to drop the dog off at their house and also to visit Elia. Last night's events make them all worried to no end about the young girl.

After Grammie came with the dog, Luna. Luna immediately ran off to Elia and somehow Elia sees content with her new companion. It really does make the parents and Grammie somehow at ease.

Grammie tried to talk to Elia but all she got was the same response as the parents got. A nod, shaking her head or a shrug off of her shoulders.

But when Grammie bids her goodbye, Elia goes hugging her grandmother because she knows she'll not be seeing her grandmother for a very long time because they'll have to fly to Atlanta soon.

Then, Elia spends the whole day moping in her bedroom with Luna. Luna could sense that her owner was sad and she didn't leave Elia's side at all.

Lizzie and Seb were trying very hard to get Elia into eating but it's not working. All Elia could stomach was a granola bar and that's it much to the parents dismay.

They are really gonna be in for a long haul especially when they are about to be busy working after this. That thought alone made Lizzie more worried.

When they went to check on Elia again at night, they found her asleep in her bed, curling up with Luna. Lizzie's heart soared at that sight. Will she ever get to cuddle with her daughter again? Not for a very long time that's for sure. Lizzie took several pictures in her phone of Elia and Luna and sent them to everyone as they have also been asking Lizzie for an update about Elia.