Chapter 23

Nice to be said, Elia slept the entire day after her second accident. She was awakened by her mother saying it was breakfast time and she needed to go to shower because she hadn't shower since yesterday. Lizzie could see Elia was struggling to get up and she was wincing in pain. Lizzie's heart broke at that sight. So, she helped her daughter showering even though it was embarrassing, Elia actually loves it. She never got the chance to feel this kind of affection when she was a baby.

"You're my daughter, there's nothing to be ashamed of Eli" Lizzie said chuckling when Elia seemed contemplated at first by Lizzie helping her showering.

"Besides, think of this like I'm redeeming back the time of when you were a baby that I didn't get to do it" Lizzie added smiling softly at Elia making Elia teared up.

Elia was now sitting in the bathtub that Lizzie has made to properly clean her body since she is still in cast, she can't draw the water to her cast.

Lizzie was slowly cleaning her back.

"Can you tell me what's going on? The truth" Lizzie stated. She needs to know why Elia acted this way. Lizzie could see Elia's head drop and Lizzie knows that Elia must've been in tears even though she couldn't see her daughter's face right now.

"The top 10 Ivy Leagues have been chasing me. I thought it was just 2/3 universities but all of them mom. School has been hard since then. I was scared that I couldn't handle the pressure when I got into college? They've upgraded my learning to universities level and I'm failing miserably" Elia finally said voice wavering as her tears rolled down her cheeks

"I don't want to tell you, I don't want to worry you and I feel like if I fail, I will disappoint you. I know you told me many times but I don't like the idea of me failing." Elia added and soon started to sob quietly.

Lizzie stopped washing her, got the clean towel and wrapped it around Elia helping her dress and they sat on the bed. Lizzie just hugs her daughter tightly letting her emotions out so that she'll not bottled up her emotions. Elia was now hiccupping at this point sobbing. Whispering, saying 'I'm sorry' all over again to her mom.

"Elia, you didn't do anything wrong. I know how hard pressure can do to yourself. We've all been there baby. But I don't like seeing you sad like this baby. I've told you this many times, and I will not get bored reminding you this that everyone here in your family loves you so much and will help you every step of your way." Lizzie said cupping her daughter cheeks wiping away the tears in her thumb

"I'm so stupid making you all worried about me. There's nothing for you to be worried about but I make it harder for all of you. I swear mom I know that life won't go easy. I know. I know that bad things happen but I know I have all of you. I just don't know how to handle it. I've been living in chaos by myself all this time. I'm so sorry for being miserable." Elia cried harder

"Elia, stop it. you're not miserable. You just get used to that but you don't have to anymore. I will always remind you that you are worth it for us. For me especially. You are my ray of sunshine. My baby girl. and I will never get tired of reminding you that" Lizzie said. She can't watch Elia being sad about it anymore.

Seb was outside of the door hearing everything. He came inside but before that he shed his tears and didn't want to let Elia know that he's been crying.

He sat beside Lizzie and Elia was on Lizzie's lap.

"Baby, you have us. We'll always be there for you no matter what. Even if you want ice-cream in the middle of the night, I'll get up and get it for you. Even if you want to ring me to say hello, I'll drop everything just to be with you. everything in this world for you and your mom" Seb said, taking Elia's hand and holding it into his.