Chapter 66

Maggie somehow could connect the dots of what was happening seeing as Elia's face was heartbroken, Isaac couldn't look Elia straight in the eyes, guilty. Everyone looks guilty

"Why'd you lie to me mama?" Elia asks, lips trembling as to contain her sobs. She knows why they lie to her. She heard it all. She understood but she couldn't help but to feel mad, angry and disappointed.

"I want to protect Elia. I don't want you hurt anymore" Lizzie responded, sniffling.

"You know that it'll hurt me less if you tell me the truth," Elia replied, whispering.

"And you, you really think I'm some weak girl aren't you?" Elia asks, turning to Isaac.

"Lia, you know that's not what it is," Isaac said, looking at her defeatedly.

"HURT ME WITH THE TRUTH BUT NEVER COMFORT ME WITH THE LIE ISAAC!" Elia shouts angrily but they don't see much anger coming out of her as she's crying.

"What would you feel if it were me lying to you guys?" Elia asks, turning to everyone.

They just stay silent. Looking at Elia sadly and guiltily.

Elia then couldn't take it anymore. So, she runs.

Run away from everyone. She runs from the house while she's crying. She could hear everyone calling her, her mother pleading for her to come back. She could hear Isaac chasing her. So, she runs faster until Isaac loses track of her.

Why? The Drew's? What did she do wrong? Why did they do this to her?

Is she really a curse? She can't be happy?

It's supposed to be her who died that day. Jamie was collateral damage. Because of her Freda lost her son, Maggie lost her brother, Isaac lost his friend, Joshua lost his talented driver.

It was because of her.

Elia ran for 30 more minutes until she felt her legs stop running. She knows where she is now. She was soaked from all of the rain from tonight. She's freezing cold as she's not wearing her jacket. She's in her black short denim jeans and pink hoodie.

She's in front of Jamie's tombstones. She didn't realize it until her visions cleared and she collapsed in front of it right there and then full on sobbing.

-/-

Lizzie was yelling, calling for Elia to come back and was about to go chase her daughter but Isaac beat her to it.

Isaac follows Elia in the rainy night until he knows where this path took them. So, he returns back to Lizzie's house and tells them she's going to the cemetery.

Their hearts continue to break when they know whose cemetery it was. Isaac then took his car keys and was about to sprint to his car because he doesn't want to let Elia be alone in the middle of the night for too long.

Lizzie, Seb, Evans and Scarlett decide to come with Isaac to go get Elia. The others stayed at home just in case she came home while they were gone.

So, they get there 20 minutes later and rush to find Elia and they find her where they exactly thought she was.

They slowly go to stand behind her as she continues sobbing. And it broke their heart knowing they screwed up. They screwed up so bad....

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. It should've been me. I'm so sorry" Elia said, hiccuping.

"You didn't deserve this Jamie. I'm so sorry because of me you're dead. I'm so sorry Jamie"

"They lied to me Jamie. They lied to me. My mama lied to Jamie. It hurts. It hurts so bad. Why'd they do that? Why did they do that to me? They want to protect me but they hurt me, Jamie. I can't keep going like this. It's hurting me so bad"

The others who were listening couldn't keep their tears in anymore. What Elia said just now is the truth. They want to protect her but they are also the one who hurt her.

Elia was sitting on the ground in front of the tombstones, sobbing her hearts out, whole body shaking from the cold and in addition, her whole body soaked with rain pouring. Elia's body gesture is bowing down in front of the tombstones. There's no doubt she'll get a fever after they go back home.

Lizzie then steps forward to approach her daughter who was shaking like a leaf and pulls Elia inside of her embrace to keep her daughter's warm.

Elia was shocked at first when she felt someone grab her but then she smelled her mother's scent. Lavender. It's always been Lizzie's favorite body wash.

Elia squirmed away to try to get away from her mother. There are several reasons. First because she's aware that she's soaking wet and her mother will get cold too. Second, she's still mad at her. No, not mad but maybe more like hurt? She doesn't know if she's mad. She can't be mad at her mother. She understands why but it didn't stop hurting her like she said.

Lizzie just holds her daughter tightly, shushing her with her own tears falling. Elia then stopped fighting her way out of Lizzie's embrace but instead she just kept crying and hit Lizzie hands, shoulders.

"You lied to me! I asked you many times and you lied to me! Why'd you do that to me?! Why'd you lie to me?!" Elia said, keep on hitting her mother but it wasn't that hard she's hitting. She doesn't want to hurt her mother. She just needs to let it all out.

"I know baby, I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry baby. I love you too much Eliana" Lizzie said, her words choking as her sobs took over her body.

"You're sorry but you did it! You're sorry but you lied to me! Why'd you hurt me?! It hurts mama! It hurts so much! You said you love me but you hurt me! It doesn't seem fair!" Elia cries in pain in her mother's shoulder as she slowly stops hitting Lizzie.

"Did I do something? What did I do wrong? Tell me!" Elia asks, pulling away from Lizzie and looking at everyone pleadingly.

Seb steps forward, approaching his fiance and daughter

"You, sweet girl, didn't do anything wrong. We're the ones who make mistakes. We're the one who thought we are doing the best thing to protect you but clearly we aren't. We just want to protect you from all of this because we love you too much to see you suffer" Seb explains as he cupped his daughter's face in both his hands.

Seb wipes away the tears that keep on falling from Elia's face.

"You lied to me. You broke my heart. Did you even truly love me? Or was it a lie too? Should I believe that?" Elia asks as she pulls away from her father.

Of course she knows they love her so much. She knows it wasn't a lie but she just feels like she needs to let them feel how hurt she was.

"What?! Of course we love you Elia! We never not once stopped loving you. You're everything to us. To me, to your dad!" Lizzie said, shocked at hearing her daughter's statement just now.

"And yet, you broke me" Elia said, whispering defeatedly as she closed her eyes. She could feel the exhaustion coming over her. 

--------------------------- 

Oh wow... I'm sorry? And apologize in advance for what about to happened in the next chapters.......