Chapter 63

It has been 3 days since Lizzie got back home from Italy with Scarlett. Elia somehow has her time where she could laugh, smile but then she's laying in her bed, mourning, just spacing out, thinking, trapped in her own mind.

And ever since Lizzie's back, Elia's been sleeping in her parents bed. But lucky her, she doesn't have nightmares anymore every time she sleeps with her parents. So, it's a relief and a win-win situation.

Elia also every time she's asleep, Lizzie could feel that skin to skin contact could make Elia's tense body fly away every time she's having an early stage of nightmares. Always touching her mother's collarbone or Lizzie will rub her daughter's bare back under the shirts. Lizzie will also wake up on Elia's hand under her mother's shirt laying her hands on top of Lizzie's stomach.

In those 3 days, the little family literally spent their day attached to each other's hips. Elia and Sebby even got into Lizzie's gardening and it turned out to be a mess doing it with Seb.

And they will always sit at the kitchen whenever Lizzie's cooking their breakfast, lunch and dinner just talking to each other, making light conversation and jokes right there and then.

It's all to distract Elia from being in her own mind.

They also have packed their things for Atlanta since they are going to go to Atlanta in 2 days. They are going to take Lizzie's private jet, wanting to avoid Elia in a crowded place since she's still in recovery.

Lizzie and Scarlett agree to go together and they are also neighbors in Atlanta from where they rent their house there for 3 months.

Honestly, those two are inseparable. But Elia loves it nonetheless. Rose will be there too but after a week when they've arrived because she's still with her dad.

They haven't opened Elia's birthday gifts yet and they decided to invite everyone for dinner tonight. The one with them in Monaco for Elia's surprise birthday party and the cast that couldn't join in Monaco and wanted to give Elia their present too.

So, The Olsen-Stan family right now are preparing dinner together for the guest. Elia is sitting on the island while chopping vegetables, Lizzie is stirring the gravy and Seb is helping Elia chopping.

The background TV sound filled the air until some noises triggered Elia's flashback. The sound of cars speeding as the advertisement about F1 got aired.

"Mom, I can't control the wheel anymore"

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT ELIANA! YOU KILLED HIM!"

"Eliana!" Seb said, taking notice Elia cut her fingers but her eyes seemed far away from here. Lizzie came to them immediately

Elia snapped from it, breathless that she's drowning under the sea once again, repeatedly shaking her head to get the voice and images out of her head.

She doesn't feel the pain of the cut, she feels the pain, the fear from 'that day'.

This is to be expected. Beatrice has warned the parents since the first meeting with the trauma that Elia goes through and all of the story that Elia tells her, she's in the early stages of PTSD.

Separation anxiety, PTSD, Anxiety. It's only a matter of time until she falls into depression. They were hoping that time won't come because as Beatrice advises them, with all of the support that they gave to Elia, the understanding, the patient, she'll most likely fall into a depression state.

So, it makes them at ease a bit.

Back to Elia, she blinked her eyes several times and once the images of 'that day' fades away, she could see her mama in front of her looking at her worriedly, cupping her cheeks with her hands and her daddy hold her hands and she just notice now that it's bleeding.