Chapter 13: Truth hurts

"I love you." Jimin utters. His eyes grow big and he slips the words out. He was not prepared for that. His breath hitches, but he gasps when he hears the words Jungkook says.

"I love you too."

Jungkook's eyes widened at his own words. He parts his lips, still looking at Jimin who's staring back at him with a shocked expression.

"What did y-you just say?" Jimin asks faintly. He actually feels like he can pass out if Jungkook is not holding his waist. Is this even real? Did Jungkook really just say that? Jungkook loves him too?

Jungkook's breath hitches as if he's back to his consciousness. He lets go of Jimin's waist and steps back before he unknowingly scratches his nape. "Y-you're my best friend, so o-of course, I-I love you."

"Oh." Jimin utters faintly. He looks down at the view outside the cabin, not being able to face Jungkook now. The beautiful sunset is in contrast with the pang he feels in his chest. The calm and relaxing atmosphere is being replaced with tension. Jimin can't move. He wishes he can take it back, so he doesn't need to remember what just happened. Getting slammed in the friend zone right after he confessed. Trying his best to hold to tears, Jimin keeps on gulping. It's his trick to make the tears go away.

"Looks like we're almost done with the round." Jungkook looks somewhere else too as he also feels the tension of what just happened. What was that? Some sort of feelings have been happening to him with Jimin pretty often.

"Mhm." Jimin can't think of anything to say other than that. He wishes the round goes faster.

Silent fills the whole cabin. The two are not even trying to speak anything. They just keep it that way. When the round is finally over, Jimin is the one who gets out immediately before Jungkook.

"Jimin, where are you going?" Jungkook raises his voice calling out to his best friend, wondering why Jimin is walking so fast like he's mad.

"I'm going to the restroom." Jimin replies without turning his face to Jungkook, not slowing down his walk either. "Don't follow. I need some air." The smaller boy walks away as fast, leaving Jungkook to stand there right on the same spot.