Chapter 60: Transition

Chapter 60: Triansition

"Hey, are you ok?" A tall figure stops on his feet on his way to his own apartment. He speaks to a guy who's sitting in front of his own apartment. "Are you sick?" He asks as he walks closer to another tall figure who's looking almost unconscious except that his eyes are half opened. The alcohol scent hits his nose.

"J-jimin." A name is being uttered out of a thin pair of lips. He exhales slowly.

"That's your name?" Bogum asks as he kneels down on the floor. He knows that this is his neighbor. They meet on their way to work sometimes in the elevator. Many vague polite bows during their stay here ever since Jungkook moved in. He never had the time to say hi properly or bring food to welcome the man he assumes younger than him.

"Jung... Jungkook." The younger male tries to raise his hand to shake with him, but he fails to do so.

"Your name is Jungkook?"

"Jimin."

"What exactly is your name?" Bogum is being confused, but then he realizes that it's not the point now. "Can I help you get into your room?" Since this floor has only two rooms, no question about which room the man in front of him lives in.

"No Jimin. There's no Jimin."

That's what Bogum can make sense out of the sentence being uttered from those thin lips.

"Where's your key card?" Bogum slightly touches one of Jungkook's cheeks. He doesn't care to ask further about that specific name. There's no point. His goal right now is to help the younger man who's completely drunk to get into his room and finally rests. The younger man, fortunately, weakly hands him a white keycard to his apartment. "Ok. Can you stand up?" Bogum asks. He grabs Jungkook's arm to put around his own shoulder. "There you go."

Jungkook can finally get up, and the older man succeeds in opening the door into Jungkook's apartment.

Their friendship started in the afternoon on the next day. It was both of their days off. Jungkook woke up to see a note on the counter top that informed him about the situation. The person who left the note explained how he got Jungkook into his apartment. From strangers to neighbors. From neighbors to older friends. And from that, Bogum became Jungkook's close friend.

Ever since Jungkook was very young. He never had to make friends. Jimin was born to be his best friend. Namjoon and Suga. Jungkook got to know them through Jimin. The parents already knew each other.

They're decent, but the young male never thought that he would need any other friend other than Jimin. Just Jimin was enough. Jungkook used to be extremely mad when Jimin was close to someone else more than him.