Chapter 19: You from afar

The last two weeks of school are not quick or slow. It's just the right amount of saying goodbye and all the fun. Finals are coming, and they're important for some students. It's their last chance to get their high score in order to get into the university they or their parents dream of.

As for Jungkook, the finals are not that important, but the score would make his transcript prettier, so he studies as hard as he can. Busy. Jungkook has been keeping himself so busy as if working super hard on the exam would distract himself from thinking. Thinking of Jimin. Looking for Jimin.

"So, how's the finals going for you?" Taehyung rests his hand on his chin, staring at Jungkook who's studying. They're in a canteen.

"It's alright. I got it, but I need to make sure I don't miss anything." Jungkook replies vaguely, not bothering to look up at Taehyung.

"Me and Jimin are going for yakiniku after all the exams are done. You should come." Taehyung is not a nine year old kid who's possessive over his soulmate. He can share friends. Unlike Jungkook, he thinks it would be nice that they spend time together since Jungkook is also one of his closest friends too.

"Stop mentioning Jimin to squeeze the truth out of me. I have nothing to tell you." Jungkook gives Taehyung a glare.

"I'm your friend too, remember? You guys are my friend, and I don't even know how long I can stand this awkward situation." Taehyung raises his voice. "At least, tell me that it's one of your regular fights, and you guys will make up soon."

"I don't know. I don't have an answer for that." Jungkook's chest tenses up at the sentences. Jimin didn't tell him how long he needs. Jimin didn't promise anything or confirm that they will be friends again. Jungkook sleeps with the harsh fact every night while staring at his phone waiting for Jimin to hit him up. Night after night, Jungkook gets more scared. Fear has been taking over himself since even they fought.

Jimin's words are still in his mind to reflect again and again at how Jimin has been feeling. His terrible selfish actions are the reason why he's been loathing himself so badly. It hurts him to know that he hurt his best friend. It hurts him more that he thought he was a good friend for Jimin. If he can go back, he would listen to all the stupid things Jimin has to vent. He would hug Jimin as much as Jimin wants. It hurts him the most living in the moment where he doesn't even know if he'd get to make up for Jimin or Jimin would want to be his friend again.