Part 45: Agreement

Chapter 45: Agreement

Two ex-best friends are in this mess together. Things changed. One is holding a grudge against one another. Yet, they're still on the same side, protecting their family.

'Me and Jungkook, we're getting married.'

He said it. Jimin said it. Not sure what he is feeling right now. It's so beyond his imagination even when Jimin was secretly loving his best friend when he was much younger. Jimin only imagined how Jungkook would treat him like they're a couple, taking him out on cliche dates, hugging and cuddling him, feeding him with his own spoon when they eat and many other sweet couple things.

However, those things never became real since Jungkook always treated him like a friend. And when Jimin was finally about to get those things from Jungkook, it seemed that it's too late. Jimin was not in that mindset of asking for lovey dovey acts from Jungkook anymore. Actually, he doesn't expect that from anyone anymore.

Last week itself, how Jungkook was offering food, asking him to go for dinner. The way he asked, if Jimin is not too full of himself, he's pretty sure it's totally a date. The owner of the heart big doe eyes even asked him to stay over and cuddle. Right, being cuddled. Something Jimin longed for, but who needs it now when he can sleep on his own so peacefully. High quality mattress and bed set, who needs cuddles?

It's true about what they said. Things come how people want when there's no expectations, but this is way too unexpected. It's beyond for Jimin. It's not even about being boyfriends, but in public eyes, Jimin and Jungkook are going to be husbands.

Chuckling at the universe how it plays with his life like this. Has the universe known all along that Jimin has been just a lost soul who tries to do good with his life to distract himself from unnecessary romance stuff? Not sure what to expect from romance. Not sure if anyone would want him that way, and when someone seems to want him, it's because of the benefits.

Is that why the universe threw this into his face? Is it basically saying that this is what he'd get when he ignores his emotions and chooses the 'all about fun' path? For not wanting to feel pain from love, did the universe decide for him to get married without love too?

There are tons of people in the world, and it has to be this Jeon Jungkook, a man that always has that effect on his heart. The man he can never get over, truly. Jimin doesn't want to go through that emotional rollercoaster he created for himself every time he was with and without Jungkook like when they were younger.

Jimin thought he was having it all. Getting to have sex with someone he knows he can trust without emotions being involved. Something to help him relax from working and living life. Is it so wrong to still want Jungkook's presence without having to deal with emotions?

Well, what's the point of asking why is this happening? Why blame the universe for this. It's his action. He chose this path. Things come with reason, and the reason this marriage is happening is to save his mother's company. It's not like they will become real husbands who'd live together and start a real family. It's just the status that makes Jimin's stomach twirls everytime he thinks about it.

Trying not to blame the universe, but still, how mean. The universe knows how he feels about the owner of those stupid big doe eyes, and yet the universe arranged this marriage for him. Therefore, Park Jimin should take this as an opportunity. He'll make the most of it.

Reality has been hitting, and the longer, the more Jimin believes that 'the one' might not be real. There's no promise that he's going to meet the love of his life in the future and live in that fairytale happy ending. It's the fact that he's loved by his parents. Jungkook's parents also love him. Their love is unconditional. However, there's no proof that he'll ever get that kind of love from someone else outside the family. Ever.