Chapter 39: Fake news. Real news

"Congratulations on the new business collab." Jimin walks into a VIP private room at a traditional Korean restaurant. No saying hello to their parents or the Jeons. Just a sentence with eye contact with his parents. Jimin sits on the only empty seat in the room.

"Jimin-ah. It's not wha-" Jungkook tries to explain.

"Oh, shut up."

"Park Jimin. You don't talk like that in front of us." Park Yuna warns him.

Jimin crosses his arms, staring at Jungkook with a serious glare. Anyone in the room can feel anger taking over the room. His head tilts up a little while doing so.

"Jimin-ah. We ordered your favorites. Why don't you eat first, and we'll talk." Jungkook's mom says softly. Jimin is obviously mad at her too, but she knows Jimin will be softer with her than her parents.

"I already ate. I came here to talk."

"Are you just going to sit and watch us eat?" Jimin's dad asks.

"I can wait, really. We'll talk when you guys are done with the food. And by the way, also take your time with desserts. You guys kept things from me that long. I can wait a little longer."

"Park Jimin. You're going to control your temper, and behave like a grown up." Yuna shoots a serious glare. She hasn't seen Jimin being this mad in forever. Her son has always been so closed up when it comes to emotions. Still, recently, but this is kind of new. Not liking this fact, but it feels nice that Jimin is expressive. Is she a weird mother? "We'll talk about the reasons, and of course, we'll have dessert before that talk." She says, casually while getting a spoon full of soup into her mouth.

"Yuna-ah." Jungkook's dad shakes his head quickly to stop his friend to light more of Jimin's anger fire.

"What? Desserts come with the set of food we ordered. Are you guys not having them?" Yuna states.

"Jimin. You should eat something." Jungkook utters. He hasn't been leaving his gaze away from Jimin who's now playing a staring game with the wall. He was actually calming down, and believe it or not, it really calms him down when his mom acts like that. It's kinda funny to Jimin. However, calming down is no longer possible when Jungkook stated that sentence.

"What did I tell you?" Jimin asks.

"You told me to shut up." Jungkook replies.

"Jungkook!" It's Jeon Uee's turn to glare at her son.

"Do you want anything else? We can order something else, if you want." Jungkook doesn't even respond to his mom. He also doesn't hear back from Jimin who shifts his gaze back on the wall.