Chapter 43: It's a no

A bouquet of blue roses takes up all the space in the trash can under Jimin's work desk. It is seen by people who've been walking by since it's too big to actually fit.

"Mr. Park?" One of the receptionists reaches out to him. A young lady in her mid 20s who Jimin has been saying 'good morning' to everyday.

"Oh not again." Jimin lets out a sigh. "If it's from the same person, I'm not still accepting calls."

"There's another message for you from that same person." The same lady informs me casually. "The Jeon Jungkook."

Jimin lets out a sign. He knows it must be disturbing for the receptionist who's been walking to his desk many times.

"Here." The lady hands Jimin the post-it. "I wrote it down. It's his order to write the exact words he said."

'Let's go and have lunch? Can we talk about things over lunch?'

Jimin scraps the post-it into a tiny messy ball before he throws it in the bin to join the other messy balls at the bottom waiting for more to come.

'Jimin, please pick up the phone.'

'Jimin, I said the truth. It was not what you believed. I swear.'

'Jimin, please reply to my text.'

'Jimin, can I go to your office? Can we talk?'

All the messages Jungkook passed on. How desperate can he be to pass this kind of message to the receptionist?

He looks up at the receptionist. "I'm sorry for your inconvenience. Seriously. Chung-ah right? Please call me Jimin."

"I know what your name is." Chung-ah says, glancing at the trash can. "Beautiful roses you threw away." She chuckles. "The Jeon Jungkook is actually getting rejected. This is satisfying."

"I'm not rejecting him. Just. I won't talk to him." Jimin says. "Why is it satisfying though?"

"Who would have thought I'd get to see Jeon Jungkook in this state? Normally, he's very strict at work. I used to work at Tradi, his mom's company. He always looks intimidating. We like him. He's hot and all , but like, how can someone be so serious all the time with his assistant trying to follow his walking pace. It's funny. Anna Wintour's assistant energy." Chung-ah continues. "It's not that he's known as a player, but my friend went to college the same year as him. He's not the one who chases. He just breathes, and it works like a magnet."

"Trust me. He's not chasing." Jimin rolls his eyes, knowing Jungkook is doing this for his own good. It's not new to Jimin though. Jungkook doesn't chase. "What kind of coffee do you like? I'm asking because I feel bad that the calls have been disturbing you."

"Black coffee is fine, but seriously, it's already busy at our desk. Can you please just answer his call from your phone? That would help us much better than coffee."

Jimin bites his bottom lip. He knows it's disturbing, and Jungkook doesn't seem to stop calling any time soon. "I'll make sure to stop him. Sorry again."

"It's fine. I'll make sure to throw away the other things delivered to you from Jeon Jungkook." Chung-ah says. "I would appreciate coffee though. Not only me. There's two of us at the reception desk."

"Noted. Two black coffees? I'll bring them tomorrow morning." Jimin informs.

"Yes, it sounds great. Hope you make up with your man."