Chapter 37: Smooth like butter

Light smile keeps on slipping out on Jimin's face through the day at work. Despite the hard work and hard-to-deal boss, Jimin is in a very good mood. Life is ok. His routine is going well. Good food. Cozy apartment. Good sex.

Yes.

Good sex is the part that lifts him up the most. Everything feels bright. Jimin presses his lips into a line to suppress his smile more, not wanting to catch attention from his mentor who turned out not to be his mother. The first two weeks, Jimin is still an intern in his mother's magazine company as he should be since he's completely new in the Korean magazine industry.

Therefore, mostly, as an intern, he got to work on the research on the style references. The lady who he calls his boss is one of the oldest employees of the company. She has been assigning Jimin to look for wrong spelling and grammar errors. Jimin also got assigned to manage the paragraphs, looking for the widow, orphan and runt

(A/N: Orphan is the term used in graphic design when there's a line or a few words left on the last line of the paragraphs. Widow happens when there's a word or a few words or a line at the end of the previous paragraph taking place on the top of the next page or column. Runt is when there's a single word being left hanging in the last line of the paragraph.)

"Jimin?" The lady reaches his cubicle.

"Yes?" Jimin asks the lady with a smile.

"What are you so happy about?"

"Oh. It's personal stuff." Jimin replies. "Anyways, all the pages are proofread, and I made sure all the runts, widows and orphans are gone."

The lady narrows her eyes. "Let me see." She then bends down to look at Jimin's computer screen. "Hmm...I thought you got an internship in the US."

"I did. What's wrong?"

"Well, I see they are gone, but did they not teach you about how the column should be?"