Chapter 28: Moving on in action

"Hello? Jimin, right?" A guy walks toward Jimin who's sitting on the bench in front of his apartment.

"Hey. Yes, I'm Jimin. Ray?" Jimin says as he gets up. He waves back with a nervous smile.

"How are you?" Ray opens his arm to greet Jimin with a hug. "Did you wait for a long time? Sorry, I'm a little late." He says with a gentle smile. Charming in Jimin's eyes.

"That's fine." Jimin shifts his gaze down. Heat is traveling on his face. Ray looks so much better than what he saw from the app. It's a relief that the guy is so charming. He's even taller than Jimin imagined. Sharp dark eyes, pointy nose and thin lips. Jimin has to admit that his tan skin is impossible not to look at.

"So... let's go?" Ray asks.

"Yes, let's go."

"My car is right there." Ray points at a blue honda civic, parking close by.

"Ok." Jimin gives a light smile before they both walk to Ray's car. Settling in the front seat after Ray opens the door for him. He takes a deep breath, trying not to be nervous. Well, it's Jimin's first time meeting someone from a dating app.

"So... Baker beach?" Ray mentions as he looks on his phone screen, looking up the direction.

"Mhm."

"We should get something to eat first. What do you wanna get?"

"Well, can we get pizza? I mean that's pretty simple." Jimin replies. It wouldn't be comfortable to sit and eat in the restaurant. He thinks it makes the most sense to get something to eat and sits by the beach at night. The idea is romantic.

"Sounds good. There's a pizza place on the way. We can stop there before we reach." Rays states. "So do you tell your friends about this?"

"I mean. I only have one friend here, so he's the only one I tell, and this is supposed to be lowkey, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it's supposed to be lowkey. I'm glad we're on the same page."

"Mhm. So how's work?"

"Well, as I told you on text. It's hectic, but it's fine for now. Tomorrow is Saturday." Ray smiles. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"I'm going to see what my friend wants to do. Nothing special in my plan tomorrow."

The conversation goes on and on. They stopped to pick up the pizza and some wine before they had their first date on the beach. It's romantic and creative to actually go to the beach at night. Just two of them.

Sex did not happen this first time they met, but it's something to look forward to. As expected Ray actually seems to be a gentleman. He pays for the food. He details what Jimin wants to eat. Just like Jungkook.