Chapter 23: Who am I? without you

A

Chapter 23: Who am I? without you

It's late at night in Seoul, and the night is still young for a certain group of people. It has become Jungkook's routine to go play football with his friends. Even though it's been more than a month, and Jungkook finally glances at his phone a lot less, the boy still tries to find distraction to stop thinking about his tiny best friend who might be living life so peacefully.

Only if Jungkook knows that the boy that keeps living on his mind has been trying to stop himself from reaching out two him for almost three weeks now. That fact might have made Jungkook sleep better at night and become less salty towards people at the Marketing department he's interning in right now.

Salty, yes. Young master Jeon starts to be known as an arrogant jerk prince. Big doe intimidating eyes and aggressive walk. He's so sharp with his words and not available for friendly socializing. The gossip did reach him since his dad's assistant aka his mentor is a lowkey close friend to his dad. The nickname makes Jungkook cringe hard at the 'prince' part.

These people should focus more on how professional he's been trying to be instead of complaining about how he won't socialize. Instead of calling him an arrogant jerk, people should realize how he's a quick learner and his work.

Jungkook could care less about the gossip even though his mentor did mention about how he should socialize and be more friendly. The arrogant jerk prince insists that he won't change as long as his work performance is still always above and beyond expectation.

Not that Jungkook wants to be an arrogant jerk, or he's proud of the nickname, but his mind, most of the time, is not available. Jimin still takes over his mind when it's not occupied with something else.

Longer and longer as the time goes by, Jimin still hasn't reached out to him.

It makes Jungkook crazy like the storm in his body to live with the fact that he might have to live in the new reality without Jimin being his best friend. His brain starts to develop the idea that he might lose Jimin forever, and his heart can't accept the fact that Jimin might never reach out. Ever.