Chapter 41: Why?

Chapter 41: Why?

"I really need time to process." Jimin utters before he gets up. "I'll reach out soon. I just really need to be with myself right now. Please excuse me."

"Jimin!" Jungkook gets up immediately to follow his, maybe soon to be fiance. "Jimin, wait." He wonders how fast Jimin can actually walk. The smaller one seems to walk faster and faster every time.

"I need some time alone." Jimin states before he unlocks his car.

"Can I follow? We can still have drinks, or I'll just sit there quietly. Just let me follow."

"What's the reason you're being so nice to me right now? What's the reason you've been so nice to me?" Jimin asks.

"You must be tensed digesting all the information. I want to be there just in case you want someone you can talk to." Jungkook replies, genuinely. Too genuine for Jimin's liking. "Can I follow?"

"You can stop the act now."

"What do you mean?" Jungkook tilts his head. His eyes grow big on what is actually going on?

"You've known about this. You kept it from me. You knew that the parents had the idea about us getting married, and you kept it from me."

"Jimin, it's not my position to say anything. Seriously, they mentioned it with me. They just told me that we might have to get married because of the collaboration. That's all I knew. How was I supposed to mention it?" Jungkook raises his voice. He himself didn't even get to ask anything other than that. "It's confidential."

"How can you say that it's confidential? I'm included in that too."

"Jimin, can't you understand? It's confidential because this is related to their business collab, and I was not in that place to say anything about it. When it comes to business, I won't say anything. It's all confidential. I can't risk anything by talking about it. One wrong move, and things can be ruined. It has to be announced by our parents. Please understand this one."

"So this has been about the benefits then?" Jimin rolls his eyes while he lets out a scoff. "You're still that Jeon Jungkook who always thinks about business."

"How can you say that? Jimin, it's not about business to me in this situation. I wouldn't agree on this if I don't want to g-"

"So you're saying you actually want to marry me? You have not been extra nice during this past week because you knew we're going to get married, and this has nothing to do with the damn business."

"If I'm doing this for business, I'd just marry Lee Sohee, wouldn't it be easier? Wouldn't it give more benefits?" Jungkook starts to get pissed over Jimin's words.

"Because my mom creates content. You guys need her and her magazine legacy. It's smart to take our side." Jimin raises his voice too. He's not sure what he's so angry about. He only knows he's extremely angry at Jungkook.

"Park Jimin. You listen to me. You can say anything about me. Say the worst thing about me. I deserve it, but don't you dare doubt my parent's good intentions towards you and your family." Jungkook knows he's been very soft towards the smaller one in front of him, but Jimin just crossed the line.

"I'm not talking about your parents. I'm talking about you, Jeon Jungkook. You care so much about business. It's who you are. Why? Why out of the sudden you agree to get married to me? Why don't you tell your parents that you want to marry Sohee, that must have been so much better, right? If it's not the benefits you're getting from me, why did you agree to ma-"

"Because I want to!" Jungkook says it out loud. "I want to marry you! Park Jimin, I fucking want to take care of you. I want you to let me in!!" Jungkook is frustrating.

"Then I don't believe you! You're doing this because it will make you some sort of profit. You invested your time to hang with me and money to buy me food just because of this. Your sweet acts are all because of this."

"No! It's not! It's not about the profits. What do I do to make you believe me? Can't you feel it? You haven't been able to feel it at all of why I've been the way I am? Why do I have to waste the time and money on you when at the end of the day, it's still your decision to make. No one is forcing you."

"So you had to be that manipulative bitch to get me soft and finally agree to marry you." Jimin is not backing off. He can come up with so many reasons why Jungkook wants to marry him. All the reason in the world except Jungkook is having feelings for him.

"Oh my god. Jimin. This is seriously going too far. Can we just talk? Can you just let me explain things? Everything?" Jungkook's eyes turn soft.

"Jeon Jungkook, You don't get to marry me just because you want to. After all the things you've done. You don't get to just walk back into my life and marry me just because you want to." Jimin turns around, finally walking to his car.

"Jimin, can I follow?" Jungkook walks closer.

Inhaling deeply, Jimin just looks at Jungkook. He's trying to calm himself down. "You don't get to follow or come to my apartment whenever you want, to do whatever you want with your little stupid tricks. The next time you forget things, I'll throw them out of my window, or I'll fucking burn them. Oh but you won't get to forget things anymore because you're not allowed in my apartment from now on. I'll make sure to have you blacklisted. Not only in my apartment, but in my office too."

"Jimin, please. This marriage is not at all about the pr-"

"And you also knew that appa caught us, and you kept it from me. What else are you keeping from me?"

"I'm not keeping an-"

"Ah, I don't care anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if you happen to knock one of your flings up and have a child with them. Who knows? You might have a son you secretly support financially because it will just ruin the business reputation if the news gets out. " Jimin says as he gets in the car and closes the door as soon as he finishes the sentence, leaving Jungkook to be dumbfounded at Jimin's words.

Jungkook stands still on his spot, feeling pain in his chest.

Pain is exactly what he deserves.

---------------------------

End of chapter

A/N: Short ass chapter is being served. to enlighten your night.