1: Burning Sword

April 3rd 2022
12:22 AM
Rize Turkey
OPERATION BURNING SWORD
DELTA FORCE & MAROON BERETS

A pair of Boeing CH-47 Chinook choppers are flying through the calm night near Rize, a small Turkish town with a lot of mountains near the coast. The pair of choppers are carrying Delta operators and members of Turkey's Maroon Berets as they're getting ready for the op in their own ways, the squad leader for the Delta operators is Michael Obertyner who is adjusts his black helmet and the night vision attachment.

Obertyner: "Odin actual this is Sword 1-1, we're two mikes out from our landing, how copy over?" He asks holding his M4A1 in his hands firmly.

Odin actual: "we copy Sword 1-1, your team is green to hit that outpost." He says stroking his grey beard when a CIA operative enters the tent. "Agent Blackburn." He says acknowledging his presence.

Blackburn: "general we got a problem, you need to call off the op now." He says but Odin actual uncrosses his arms.

Odin actual: "too late Blackburn they're two minutes out." He replies as Blackburn runs his hand through his unkempt black hair.

Blackburn: "Least let me warm them." He says grabbing the headset from Odin actual. "Sword 1-1 this is CIA agent Blackburn, how copy?"

Obertyner: "I copy spook, send traffic." He says motioning his team to get ready.

Blackburn: "30 minutes ago, one of my contacts in the area reported seeing a heavily armed group not matching any known description of Military or terrorist groups."

Obertyner: "so who are we dealing with?" He asks looking out the window as they're close to landing.

Blackburn: "no clue so keep yourselves ready for anything." He replies as the chopper opens up.

Obertyner: "copy that spook, we'll handle it." He says exiting the Boeing CH-47 Chinook and kneels down pointing his M4A1 straight ahead as he looks to his left seeing the Maroon Berets. "Sword 1-2, your guys ready?"

Sword 1-2: "as they'll ever be." With Obertyner motioning the teams to move ahead as they space out and slowly move forward through the forest.

Obertyner: "stay sharp people, we may have unexpected company when we hit outpost." He says as they all acknowledge traversing the forest and it's hills as there's a lot of them in the area. Meanwhile back at the base, Odin actual and Blackburn are arguing in a calm manner.

Odin actual: "John you mind telling me what the hell is going on and why your Intel came in soo late?" With Blackburn sighing a bit.

Blackburn: "I was looking into my contact, he went silent after making the report to me... Then minutes later I was sent a picture of his decapitated head, then I rushed on over here." He calmly explains as Odin actual looks at the picture.

Odin actual: "our boys will be fine." He says not taking the threat that seriously which irritates Blackburn.

Obertyner meanwhile moves a branch out of the way and stops to see a view of a small outpost with Obertyner looking through his binoculars.

Obertyner: "bingo... Odin actual, we have sight on the terrorists, I count fifteen max... Moving onward to commence the raid." He says with Odin actual acknowledging this as Obertyner and his team move as they carefully move down the hill. "Hold it... Patrol up ahead." He says rising his fist as they see lights shining ahead.

Sword 1-2: "armed with AK variants, matches the uniform." He says as Obertyner counts down from three as they drop the two hostiles.

Obertyner: "good kills, move on up." He says taking point as he signals two Delta operatives to get the bodies out of sight as Obertyner pushes a gate open quietly.