48: A Gift

Later that same day, John is standing before the UK operatives as Serena is face timing on a laptop.

Daniel: "So our identities are compromised and our ambassador is dead? You shitting us sir?"

John: "Fraid not Palmer, I've already asked MI5 to help escort your families but I'd understand if you all wanted a hand in it." He says understanding if that want that.

Serena: "Lincoln?" She asks with Lincoln turning the laptop around. "Noah may already have some personal protection at an undisclosed location but I have a feeling it won't be undisclosed for long."

Lincoln: "Me and MI5 can go get him and bring him here if that's okay."

Serena: "Sure, I'll call Noah so he'll be ready once you get there."

Daniel: "If it's alright, I'd like to come along."

Serena: "What about your family?"

Daniel: "I'm an orphan remember?" He asks rhetorically as Serena is dead silent hearing this.

John clears his throat getting their attention.

John: "You two should get going then, I assume you'll be staying MacLeod?"

Brody: "Unfortunately but I trust MI5... Fuck." He says touching his stomach with the UK ops leaving John and the laptop.

John: "You alright Winchester?"

Serena: "Ever since Noah was born I... Made an oath that I'd never let my job endanger him yet..." She says looking away clearly bothered by this.

John sits before the laptop.

John: "I know what you mean, but don't blame yourself Serena. Noah hasn't been hurt yet."

Serena looks back smiling somewhat hearing this.

John: "But how's Italy?"

Serena: "Quiet, Russo has done hardly anything worth suspicion, Gabrielle is losing her mind to boredom." She jokes as she's hit in the shoulder by Gabi.

John: "No surprise there, I'll call you once Lincoln comes back alright?"

Serena nods ending the call as John closes the laptop and opens up files of Canadian ops he's interested in bringing in.

Meanwhile Michael is finishing giving the German ops the tour of the base showing them the training area.

Michael: "And that's about it, Fischer and Reichert you two will be bunked together and same goes for you two." He directs to Julius and Emil who exchange looks of acknowledgement.

Michael leaves them be finding Fuyuko watching Ren go through an obstacle.

Michael: "How's he doing?" He asks standing next to her.

Fuyuko: "Pretty well I'd say, SAT trains their people well but Ren is focused on going for a record of fastest one to clear the course."

Ren snaps from target to target nailing each one as he rushes out of the course breathing heavily since this is his fifth attempt.

Fuyuko: "20 seconds, same as before." She says holding the timer as Ren sighs heavily sitting on his knees.

Ren: "How the hell did Leo do this course in 15 seconds?" He asks tiredly with Michael helping him up.

Michael: "SEALs are built different Ren, don't try to copy it, focus on doing the job right." He advises with Ren nodding and leaving him and Fuyuko.

Fuyuko: "You doing okay? I know Germany was... Rough."

Michael takes a seat thinking this over as he hasn't had time to properly digest it.

Michael: "Honestly? I'm frustrated, I did everything I could but there's always something out of my control, Burning Sword? Well equipped mercenaries with an EMP... Now? An inside man while I'm off fighting for my life." He sighs out of frustration.

Fuyuko sits next to him touching his hand.

Fuyuko: "You win some and you lose some, no such thing as perfect in this line of work."

Michael: "I know, I just wish it didn't go the way it did." He replies as Fuyuko nods understanding. He soon remembers what today is and clears his throat. "I uh... I got you something."

Fuyuko raises her brow curiously seeing Michael searching his pocket pulling out a necklace of sorts.

Michael: "I uh... Got this friend in Chicago who makes jewelry for a living, I had him make memorial jewels for the ops who lost their lives in Burning Sword but I remembered your birthday was coming up so I had him make this." He says handing it to Fuyuko.

Fuyuko holds the necklace gently finding a pendent in the style of cherry blossom making her smile.

Fuyuko: "Mike you shouldn't of."

Michael: "That's not all, the cherry blossom opens up."

Fuyuko gives a perplexed stare but opens it up seeing a date and realizes what it means.

Fuyuko: "The day we met."

Michael: "Yeah, it meant a lot to me meeting you and I think it was the same for you." He admits hoping she feels the same way.

Fuyuko gives a gentle smile and puts on the necklace.

Fuyuko: "It was, thank you Mike." She says soon giving him a kiss on the cheek much to his surprise. "I thought it was an appropriate reward."

Michael: "It was." He replies but their attention is drawn when Blackburn arrives. "Hey boss."

John: "Hey... Don't expect to work for a few days, you all deserve it... How's the arm Nakayama?"

Fuyuko: "It's better, I'll be back soon enough." She says.

John: "When you're healthy, you guys enjoy your day."

Daniel meanwhile is carrying his Ingram Mac-10 in one hand and a duffle bag in the other while approaching the plane finding Lincoln getting off the phone.

Daniel: "I assume that's your lad?"

Lincoln: "yep, his mum's told him about the evac and I'm just trying to calm him down."

Daniel: "You tell him he's finally gonna meet his uncle Daniel?" He asks half jokingly earning an amused chuckle from Lincoln.

Lincoln: "He'd see it as a good thing, more gifts for when Christmas comes around."

Daniel shakes his head though he sees Dr Alice Wong approaching.

Alice: "Already leaving for another job?"

Daniel: "It'll be quick, what you enjoy our talks?"

Alice: "Hmm to a degree."

Daniel looks back seeing LT telling him to hurry it up.

Daniel: "I'll tell ya what love, we'll talk the minute I'm back here, deal?"

Alice: "You got yourself a deal Mr Palmer." She says smiling and walking away with Daniel getting into the plane that takes off for england.