45: Quick Violence

Michael is currently driving in Berlin since it's where Cole texted them to go. Claire meanwhile is watching videos of her daughter drawing with her headphones on. Claire smiles seeing that her little girl has taken a liking to art.

However part of her feels homesick as this is by far the longest she's been away from her daughter at about three months. She and her husband have gotten used to being separate for long periods of time but never when it came to their daughter.

Claire snaps out of this feeling Michael light tap her shoulder telling her that they arrived at their location. Claire exits the vehicle with her duffle bag and realizes the Canadian embassy is just across the street.

Michael: "QRF only works if we're in the immediate area." He explains as Claire nods understanding.

The two enter the hotel Cole is staying at who opens up welcoming them into the room.

Cole: "Good to see you again Gauthier, you must be Obertyner, a pleasure." He says firmly shaking hands with him.

Michael: "Likewise, that's Rhodes and... Who's the woman?" He asks seeing a nicely woman dressed in the room.

Cole: "This here is Sofia Cooks, she works at the embassy and is handling the evacuation of it's staff."

Sofia: "Which is unfortunately taking too long, I seriously question how my father puts up with being in an office and meetings."

Claire and Michael raise their brows till it dawns on Claire.

Claire: "You're the daughter of Canada's prime minister, that's... Surprising." Earning a slight chuckle from Sofia.

Sofia: "Said my old folk, you're clearly GIGN but you? I can't tell." She directs to Michael.

Michael: "Delta Force." He replies setting his duffle bag down.

Sofia is clearly surprised learning this but she gets back on track.

Sofia: "Well I'm happy to have you two here, hopefully the evacuation doesn't take much longer."

Michael and Claire nod in acknowledgement as they agree to go inside the embassy with Cole and Sofia. Michael thinks about the team hoping they're okay, he knows this isn't the kind of job if you valued your safety but regardless he hopes the team will be fine.

Meanwhile in Hamburg, Heidi is looking at a building through a set of binoculars with Claude next to her doing the same.

Claude: "You're awfully tense, way more than I'd expect."

Heidi: "We're in a line of work where we could die, is that not something to feel tense about?" She asks in a rhetorical manner.

Claude: "Of course it is, but I can tell something else is bothering you... Like you got a chip on your shoulder." He points out.

Heidi tenses up somewhat but sees a man wearing a black sweater entering a building, some sort of auto shop.

Heidi: "That him?"

Claude watches the man closely taking in his looks picturing Duvall in his mind, and sure enough? The man is in fact is Duvall.

Claude: "Yep that's him alright." He says signaling to the others that they're on.

Simon lowers his balaclava hopping out of the van taking point with his ballistic with the others being right behind him. Simon cautiously kneels before the door as Emil and some others stack on the right side of the door.

Claude's group stacks up on a separate door as he opens the door entering with his CZ rifle raised. Emil opens the door for Simon who enters checking his corners breathing a bit hard it's not cause he's tired.

Claude moves past a set of vehicles eventually finding some workers who immediately get on their knees with Heidi demanding where Duvall is. They point upstairs as Simon moves up said stairs but as soon as he sees a doorway, he is fired at.

Simon fires his sidearm hitting the shooter in their shoulder. Simon rushes in using his shield to tackle the shooter against the wall. Emil aiming his MP5K at the other man in the room who gets on his knees.

Claude (French): "Hello Duvall." He says as Duvall looks his way.

Duvall (French): "Captain Durant, I assume you'll be taking me in?" He asks as Claude tilts his head but nods. "I figured but that doesn't mean I'm gonna make it easy." He retorts detonating some sort of

Heidi looks to her left seeing her GSG-9 colleagues keeping watch on the civilians when the vehicles next to them explode. The force sends Heidi against a wall as bits of shrapnel pierce her legs and arms causing her to yell out in pain.

Simon looks out the window seeing the situation but he kills the hostile in front of him as he tried stabbing him. Emil rushes downstairs seeing Heidi's condition clearly in a lot of pain.

Emil looks seeing some of his colleagues dead thanks to standing next to the vehicles which are now burning greatly.

Emil (German): "Easy Reichert, I got you." He says helping Heidi who painfully gasps from this.

Claude slams Duvall against the wall glaring fiercely at him.

Claude (French): "Goddamn it Fabian! The hell are you planning?" He spits out bitterly.

Simon looks back between the vehicles and Duvall remembering what Daniel said.

Simon (French): "This was a trap, Duvall purposely led us here... Shit... Meaning the Dogs are gonna attack the embassy now."

Claude curses to himself telling Simon to restrain Duvall while texting the group chat about what happened. During this, Michael is putting on his plate carrier and adjusting his tactical shoulder pauldron while Claire is overlooking the security cams outside.

A black armored van is seen pulling up, Black Dogs exit the van and don't waste time shooting the embassy guards as they quickly apply a breach to the gate. Enzo steps out of the van being heavily geared from head to toe.

The gate is blown open as some of embassy guards return fire but they don't last long.

Claire: "Shit, Murray get Sofia and the staff into the panic room, me, Obertyner and the remaining guards will hold them off." She orders into her com.

Michael: "All of you move furniture around and make a blockade, Claire take some guys and act at the defense for the panic room... Me and the remaining will hold them as long as we can."

Claire is reluctant but nods taking some of the embassy guards with her.