51: Plan Of Retaliation

June 19th 2022
Chièvres Air Base Belgium
9:48 AM

John at the moment is in a call with Lincoln and Daniel discussing the mission.

John: "Well done Palmer, how's the shoulder?"

Daniel: "Hurts like hell but I'll manage."

Lincoln: "We'll hop on a flight back to base here soon, any developments on your end?" He asks curiously as John glances at the files of the Canadian ops he wants in FIST.

John: "We're gonna interrogate Duvall here soon and plan some retaliation for what happened in Berlin, hope to see you when you get back... Blackburn out." He says ending the call as he grabs the files exiting his office.

John makes towards the interrogation rooms eventually bumping into Owen talking with Simon, Claude, and Emil.

Claude: "Pardon my French but what the fuck do you mean he's not dying once your done with that traitor?"

Owen: "I mean he could be of further use, he's the highest ranking Dog we've taken in by far so he likely has insight into future operations along with the organization itself." He replies with his arms crossed.

The trio don't like the sound of this at all for obvious reasons.

Emil: "I lost a good amount of men to this prick along with him putting Reichert out of action for the time being, find another dog to bring in!"

Owen: "That's a chance we can't take Emil, plus it's not your decision." He replies looking towards John as do the trio.

They all stand at attention recognizing John's authority as their director.

John: "I understand your frustrations, but we need to think of the value Duvall could hold and believe me, he's getting a fate worse than death." He directs to the three as they look amongst and reluctantly nod.

John and Owen walk together and are before the room holding Duvall who's cuffed to the table by his hands and ankles.

Owen: "Been awhile since you've done an interrogation by yourself, sure you still got it?" He asks jokingly.

John: "Those particular set of skills aren't something you can easily forget." He says entering the room earning Duvall's attention. "Fabian Duvall, you know who I am?"

Duvall is silent for the moment as he does recognize him.

Duvall: "John Blackburn, former SEAL, currently CIA SAD." He states factually being mostly right.

John sits down across from Duvall chuckling to himself.

John: "You're mostly correct but I'm currently the director the Black Ops team currently combatting you and the Dogs." He casually drops like it's no big deal.

Duvall looks skeptical hearing this.

Duvall: "You of people leading a Black Ops of this magnitude? Gimme a break." He scoffs half chuckling.

John: "We'll see if your belief holds up, I think we both know what this is supposed to lead to so... Make it quick and tell me all about your operations and the organization." He says interlocking his hands together.

Duvall scoffs shaking his head sitting against his seat comfortably.

Duvall: "As if I'd actually give you of all people Intel, you really expect me to just play along?"

John: "It would be in your best interest, seeing as how you betrayed your own country." He replies earning a bitter scoff from Duvall.

Duvall: "Is it betrayal when your country betrays you first?" He asks rhetorically.

John sighs hearing this as he's not at all interesting in arguing about ideals and poorly thought out nationalism.

John: "So that's it? You're murdering innocent people all cause you think your country betrayed you?" He asks judgingly hoping this riles Duvall.

Duvall does close his fists tightly in irritation.

Duvall: "Innocent you say? The kind of innocents who will sit back doing nothing while their country stupidly involves itself in affairs they have no business being a part of, like the middle east, Africa, instead of focusing on the interior problems."

John leans back having somewhat of an understanding which irks him.

John: "So countries are supposed to do nothing and let threats grow bigger than they should?"

Duvall: "Tch typical American patriotism, your country used 9/11 and a blatant lie to invade Iraq and you involved yourselves in Afghanistan... How much did you actually accomplish there hmm?"

John: "And you think the shit you terrorists are doing are right?"

Duvall: "It's not pretty I know, but nothing worth dying for ever is."

John: "Worth dying for? Let's say the Black Dogs win, what then? Just gonna ignore a serious terrorist threat cause it doesn't concern you? What's the fuckin plan here?"

Duvall keeps his mouth shut though he was close to actually snapping.

John: "1,945." He states out of the blue confusing Duvall. "That is how many innocent people along with the brave men and women meant to protect have lost their lives thanks to your organization."

Duvall sees what John is trying to do now, guilt trip him and appeal to the possible morality he has.

Duvall: "It's not gonna work Blackburn."

John: "Oh no? Why? Cause you think all this pointless death is gonna mean something in the end? Sure... As long as you get your way, what's the death of thousands and broken families matter?" He asks rhetorically and grabbing Duvall by his shirt.

Duvall sees the anger sending chills down his spine since he is aware of what John is willing to do.

Duvall: "I..."

John: "Think Fabian is this truly the only or right way to get what you want? Is this how you want to be remembered?" He asks surprisingly affectionately.

Duvall looks to the side having a mental battle in his head imagining the attacks and everyone suffering through them.

Duvall: "Goddamn it... I only know we had another op in Canada, something about planting chemical bombs on trains and detonating them once they reached the big cities."

John: "When?"

Duvall: "Three days from now." As John turns to the door to leave. "So... What happens to me?"

John: "For now we'll keep you alive so long as you provide solid intel." He says leaving the interrogation room.

Owen: "Yeah you still got it, want me to go on this op?"

John: "Look into recent fly ins and background checks, I'll send Gauthier and a team to Canada."