12: French Operators

May 4th 2022
Chièvres Air Base
1:23 PM

John is sitting on one sturdy crate that was sent over by the French military so their operatives have the weapons they're most comfortable with. Owen finds him out here and raises his brow.

Owen: "I'm guessing they're getting here soon?" He asks lightly tapping his foot against one of the crates.

John: "Yep, should be any minute now, how'd it go talking with Mossad and the GID?" He asks looking through some old photos of himself and his daughter.

Owen: "Went well I think, the one Mossad agent told me they deal with suspicious vehicles everyday so how is this any different? She did not like my answer I'll tell you that much, started cussing me out in Hebrew I think then she just hang up on me."

John: "Aren't you used to bring hung up on?" He asks curiously.

Owen: "Yeah but it's usually with a lady who well... Eh never mind... Also chopper incoming." He says as John looks over seeing a chopper land.

Inside Claude is standing whilst holding onto bar so that he doesn't fall. Claire is seated across from Louis who looks a bit uncertain.

Claire: "You okay?"

Louis: "In all my years I never once been to Belgium, maybe I should take Lucille here on vacation once I find the time... My sister would be jealous if she knew." He says as Claire chuckles quietly.

Claire: "I imagine she would."

Louis: "How's Anne?" He asks since he knows how Claire is as a mother.

Claire: "She's okay I think, just staying with her grandparents... I can never read her though, something I think she picked up on from her uncle Louis." She says knowing that was very much the case as Louis chuckles somewhat to himself.

Louis: "What can I say? She's very impressionable for a girl her age, she has your kindness but your husband's stoicism." While Claire finds this to be very true when the chopper lands and the exit to meet right John.

John: "Captain Durant, Director Blackburn the one in charge of F.I.S.T." he says shaking hands with Claude.

Claude: "Good to meet you sir, though if I can be honest? I wasn't expecting to be part of this group this soon."

John: "Things are moving very fast around but that shouldn't be too much of a problem." He says motioning them follow.

Simon: "So how many ops do you have here?" He asks curiously.

John: "Including you four? 16, but we'll be getting more as time goes on... We have some separate divisions like for example the GIGN operatives would be part of Law Enforcement Division and Louis would be part of our intelligence division."

Claude: "Makes sense." He states as they are given the tour of the base and are shown their respected quarters as Louis, Claude, and Simon share a room.

Claire however is sharing a room with Ivelisse, Fuyuko, and Serena which she finds a bit amusing.

Claire: "Heh I haven't had a girls dorm room since my college days." She jokes and introduces herself to Fuyuko and Ivelisse.

Fuyuko"It's good to meet you Claire, I'm sure you'll make a great addition to the team." She says respectfully which Claire appreciates as she is eventually alone with Serena who's been silent the entire time.

Claire "So... How long you've been a mother?" She directs to Serena who looks in confusion. "I'm a mother myself, I know the look." She explains.

Serena sighs not really into divulging her personal life to a stranger but thinks Claire will nag her otherwise.