50: Stealth, Attack, Survive

In the wet forest of Durham, hardly anything can be seen as the rain platters against the leafs while dripping down the bark of the trees. Daniel is stumbling through the forest clutching his bleeding shoulder. He grunts heavily resting against a tree taking a moment from adrenaline rush with rain hitting his face.

Lincoln: "Palmer this is Turner, what's your situation?" Over the com as Daniel grunts out. "Palmer if you're able please respond." He says clearly worried.

Daniel grunts out again and looks around real quick.

Daniel: "I'm here, I'm here... I'm mostly good, took one in the shoulder." He sighs out getting a good look at the wound.

Lincoln: "It go through?" As Daniel touches the inner part of his shoulder opposite of the wound.

Daniel: "No, but I don't exactly have time to deal with it... Your lad make it out okay?" He asks looking around the tree.

Lincoln smiles hearing his concern.

Lincoln: "He's processing the situation but he's fine mostly... We're making way to a safehouse east of Durham, I can guide you if needed."

Daniel: "Ugh... Just give me the coordinates, I'll handle it." He says power himself up to his feet.

Lincoln: "Okay, I'll inform John and keep in touch." He says as Daniel acknowledges this continuing to move through the forest painfully for a couple minutes.

Daniel is freezing and soaking wet which is irritating.

Alice: "Palmer it's me, Lincoln told us what happened, you okay?"

Daniel: "Better now that I hear your voice love... Christ it's drowning frogs out here." He sighs out.

Alice: "What?" She asks chuckling at this.

Daniel: "It's raining fuckin hard." He clarifies making Alice chuckle again.

Alice: "You'll need to tell me all about British slangs sometime."

Daniel smiles saying he'd happy to but he falls to his knees in pain thanks to his shoulder.

Daniel: "Goddamn it."

Brodie: "What's the matter Brit?" He teasingly asks since he's been there.

Daniel: "Let's see... I'm cold, wounded, alone, and likely being hunted by those blokes."

Brodie: "If it's possible, find some shelter and dry yourself up." He advises not mockingly but as someone who cares.

Daniel acknowledges this advice continuing to move forward occasionally talking with Alice or Brodie just to keep him awake and busy. Daniel though stops in his tracks hearing voices in the distance behind him.

Daniel: "The Black Dogs are on me, going silent." He says turning off his com as he slowly walks backwards with his Mac-10 raised till he's behind a tree for cover.

Rain drips down his face but he's completely focused seeing the flickering lights of the Black Dogs seeing how spread out they are. Daniel knows he can't risk a full on firefight with the numbers advantage they have.

Daniel finds some brush to hide in watching the Black Dogs walk past though one is getting a bit too close for comfort. Daniel pulls out his knife swiftly pulling the Black Dog into the brush and stabs him in the neck while covering his mouth till the Black Dog stops fighting.

Daniel gently sets the body down and overhears the com for the Black Dog talking about how they're hunting for him along with a plan to attack Durham.

Daniel: "LT, the Dogs are gonna attack Durham, get the word out... I'm gonna weaken them as best I can." He says into his com and turns it off.

Daniel proceeds to tail the Black Dogs from a safe distance as they eventually realize one of their own is missing.

BD commander: "Everyone get in groups of two and find him!" He orders as Daniel shakes his head as his job just got much harder.

Daniel gets low to the ground being enveloped by the brush and darkness letting the duos of Black Dogs pass biding his time. Daniel in a matter of seconds gets up shooting two Black Dogs in the back of their heads.

Daniel quickly sprints a decent distance and gets low in the brush.

BD commander: "Son of a bitch!"

Daniel stays completely still as multiple duos of Black Dogs investigate near Daniel's location as one of Black Dogs nearly steps on his face. Daniel counts about 8 Black Dogs in total, while it's not a favorable position, he knows he has a chance to take them out.

Daniel slowly readjusts himself on his back and aims his Ingram Mac-10 seeing them before him. Daniel opens fire getting four quick headshots, he eventually full autos into the remaining mercs but two are still standing as he's out of ammo.

Daniel quickly draws his Glock 18 firing it killing the two but does take a 5.56 round to his plate carrier. Daniel lays there feeling his face be hit by the rain, his eyes widen hearing the BTR rolling up on the road nearby.

Daniel shoots to his feet getting out of sight seeing the BTR take a stop likely trying to contact the team nearby.

Daniel: "Bloody hell, lot of folk are gonna die if that thing isn't stopped."

Daniel though has an idea, a bat shit insane idea but one that'll take care of the BTR. Daniel begins searching the dead mercs for any explosives finding some C4 which makes him smirk.

Three Black Dogs exit the BTR still trying to contact the team that went sfter Daniel. They suddenly hear multiple gunshots in the woods causing the Black Dogs to instinctively enter the woods to help their comrades if possible.

Daniel manages to sneak the trio and cross the road and cautiously approach the BTR as he begins applying the C4 he found on some of the dead mercs and once that's over, begins backing away into the woods and waits patiently.

Daniel reloads his Mac-10 as he's shivering quite a bit and decides to turn on his com.

Daniel: "LT this is Palmer, be advised the BTR is about to be destroyed."

Lincoln: "Understood, me and CTSFO are on our way ETA 5 minutes."

Daniel: "Splendid then you can get me out of this bloody weather." He jests which Lincoln acknowledges.

Daniel soon sees the three Black Dogs returning as he holds the clacker with a smirk on his face.

Daniel: "Kaboom." He says detonating the C4 obliterating the BTR and the Black Dogs nearby.

Daniel steps out with his Mac-10 raised finding the Black Dogs as he makes sure they're dead while welcoming the warmth from flames of the destroyed BTR. Daniel takes a deep breath and exhales with relief and sees the convoy arriving.

Daniel chuckles seeing them and approaches them.

Daniel: "Bout bloody time, what took you blokes soo long?" He jokingly asks with him and Lincoln greeting each other by bumping shoulders.

Lincoln: "Oh you know, dog shite weather... I'm glad you're okay though and amazed you pulled this off... How?"

Daniel: "Hmph, Who Dares Wins sir." He replies making Lincoln shake his head.

Lincoln: "Bloody hell lad, come on let's get you dry and that wound treated." He says hitting Daniel in the shoulder with approval.

Daniel feels a sense of accomplishment and validation, like what he did mattered.