7: Meet the Dr

April 29th 2022
Chièvres Air Base
1:10 PM

John Blackburn is in his office overlooking his notes he wrote, Andrew provided a lot of useful Intel, a lot of it scary. The mercs apparently had a mole in the Rize operation which is how they knew of the operation of the first place.

Even worse, the mercs are being funded by rogue government officials which means John will need to weary of who he speaks to, he can trust Kate and the other NATO ambassadors but other government officials will be questionable.

???: "Hello?" A woman in her early thirties asks while knocking.

John: "Ah Dr Wong, please come in... I assume you've been briefed?"

Dr Wong: "I have, it's a lot though... And there's gonna more additions I imagine." She says giving a soft but nervous smile.

John: "No doubt, while I won't ask for specifics, I do expect you to tell me if an op will be mentally cleared for missions... It's important."

Dr Wong: "I understand sir, these ops are my patients now so I'll do whatever is best for them." She says cheerfully which makes John smile.

John: "that's good to hear Dr-"

Dr Wong: "please sir, call me Alice." She respectfully as John nods as they walk to the mess hall finding most of the ops there except for Daniel Palmer and questions Lincoln on where he is.

Lincoln: "Last I knew? lad was in the training sector... I can go get him."

John: "That won't be necessary, ops this Dr Alice Wong, she's been assigned here as the team's shrink if you will, she'll be evaluating your mental health and will be someone to talk to in private if you need it." He says as Alice introduces herself to the ops that are there.

John soon leads her to the training sector of the base finding Daniel going through a obstacle course rather quickly yet fluidly as it looks as though he's been training this course for hours.

John: "Palmer! Come here for a sec." He calls out as Daniel sets down his MP5SD and approaches the two.

Daniel: "Something you need sir?" He asks whilst wiping his forehead of sweat.

John: "This is Dr Alice Wong, she's been assigned as the team's mental health evaluator."

Daniel: "I see." He replies not really that interested, though he stares at Alice longer than he should.

Alice: "If it's okay Mr Palmer I wish to have you as my first appointment." She says kindly with respect. Daniel doesn't really want to agree to this but isn't gonna be rude as he was taught better.

Daniel: "Sure, just let me change out of this." As Alice cheerfully thanks him and takes her leave.

John: "Lincoln said you tend to train by yourself and from what I've seen? It's pretty intense."

Daniel: "Just keeping my skills sharp sir, nothing wrong with that right?" He asks raising his brow.

John: "Of course not, I wish today's Marines had your dedication for self improvement instead of being arrogant bastards, but I ask you don't push yourself beyond repair." He says as Daniel sighs but nods soon headed into the locker room to change into casual clothing.

Daniel walks the halls till he finds Dr Wong's office. He enters to see her in the middle of reorganizing her room as she sees him.

Alice: "Oh! Sorry... Just reorganizing some things." She says apologetically but Daniel assures her it's fine while sitting down. "Now... I looked into your file but something stood out to me."