28: Just a Conversation

May 25th 2022
Chièvres Air Base
3:30 PM

Lincoln Turner is currently in Dr Wong's office since he hasn't talked to yet since she's gotten here.

Dr Wong: "Sorry to keep you waiting Mr Turner." She says taking her seat.

Lincoln: "You're fine lass." He assures not that bothered by it.

Dr Wong: "Anyhow, I wanted to start off by talking about your friendship with operative Palmer... How did you meet him?"

Lincoln: "Ah... I and other experienced SAS ops were assigned to look over a batch of recruits that could've joined, Palmer was one of them and I took an interest in him since he busted his arse, more than most recruits." He states remembering those days vividly.

Dr Wong: "Why is that?"

Lincoln: "Eh Dan for as long as I've known him has always had a chip on his shoulder, mainly cause he feels he's not good enough due to the fact his biological parents left him on the street."

Dr Wong: "And so he wants to prove himself? How did you two become friends then?"

Lincoln: "heh I was more of a mentor/brother figure to him, I'm the eldest of my siblings so I saw him as a little brother kinda." He replies smiling as does Dr Wong finding it endearing.

Dr Wong: "But enough on that, how have things been recently?" She asks curiously as she's heard about the botched operation in Italy.

Lincoln: "Fine I suppose, still annoyed with the operation in Italy but I won't let it drag me down." He replies formally but Dr Wong can tell he's holding something back though he's doing a good job at hiding it.

Dr Wong: "Nothing else is bothering you?"

Lincoln sits there silently as he knows the Dr is here so he can confide in someone but he doesn't feel like talking about Serena.

Lincoln: "No lass."

Dr Wong hums somewhat as she decides it'd be best to switch to a different topic, one that can elicit a more positive reaction.

Dr Wong: "So I understand that you have a son named Noah, how do you like fatherhood?" She asks kindly.

Lincoln softens up a bit and relaxes significantly evident by the way he's sitting.

Lincoln: "I love it, being a father is... Hm well it helped me embrace my more softer side, Noah is the one thing I'm most proud of... My career in the SAS doesn't come close." He replies.

Dr Wong can sense the overall pride which makes her glad see.

Dr Wong: "But besides Daniel and your fellow UK colleagues, who would you say you like spending time with?"

Lincoln crosses his arms and is deep in thought over this.

Lincoln: "Hmm well I do respect the GIGN ops particularly Claude my fellow old dog. Louis though throws me for a loop but that's just him doing his job... I've actually grown close with Hideo."

Dr Wong: "Really?"

Lincoln: "I know about his complications with his brother so I've given any advice I could give him." He adds on.

This genuinely surprises Dr Wong as she admittedly struggled reading Hideo.

Dr Wong: "Interesting." She says intrigued by this.

*

Meanwhile in Antwerp Belgium, an old business man with a receding hairline is exciting a building and returning to his vehicle in a rush. Mainly cause it's beginning to rain, he enters taking a few breaths.

Louis (French): "Francis Babin, your French any good?" He asks casually aiming his suppressed pistol at him.

Francis' eyes widen with worry and concern.

Francis (French): "Who... Are you?"

Louis (French): "Someone looking for information on the Black Dogs PMC, a company you had a history with." He points out and notices Francis moving his hand around. "Move your hand another inch, you're not gonna like how this ends."

Francis sighs somewhat and puts hands on the steering as instructed by Louis.

Francis (French): "Whatever it is you want with the Black Dogs? I can't help you... I haven't been there in-"

Louis (French): "In years I know, I'm not interested in if you know of current operations, I want information on past and current suppliers and allies besides Nowak cause he can't be the only outside source."

Francis looks in his rear view mirror worriedly. Louis brandishes his pistol telling him to comply.

Francis (French): "Um uh... When I was still there? We got our vehicles from a company called Aegis Dynamics... They specialize in making militarized vehicles for militaries."

Louis (French): "I'm familiar, they go for a high price... The kind of price your PMC couldn't afford legally... Who helped?"

Francis (French): "A crime lord named Augustine Ramirez, he offers to pay for anything in exchange for the promise of never being targeted."

Louis (French): "Interesting, where can I find him?" He asks as Francis is sweating nervously.

*

John: "This Augustine Ramirez worked with the Black Dogs?"

Louis: "More like, do something for me and I'll do something for you... He bought some heavily advanced military land rovers and light vehicles, enough to last the PMC that they'd never have to buy anything again." He explains while standing under an umbrella.

John: "What are you thinking?"

Louis: "I'll talk with Augustine and see if we can come to an arrangement, send Simon over... I may need him."

John: "Copy that, I'll send him over." He says ending the call when Dr Wong enters. "ah Alice, something you need?"

Dr Wong: "I think there's something wrong with Operative Turner."

John: "How do you mean?"

Dr Wong: "I believe the frustrations over the operation in Italy along with other complications are getting to him and he doesn't want to talk about it... Or think he doesn't need to talk about it."

John places both hands on his chair asking what Dr Wong is suggesting.

Dr Wong: "I don't think my talks are gonna get him to open up, and... I sense that there's tension between him and operative Winchester... Maybe you can talk to him? Soldier to soldier." She suggests.

John hums hearing this and soon nods dismissing her as he's gonna take some time to decide how he should talk with Lincoln.