54: Wolf's Complications

June 19th 2022
Chièvres Air Base Belgium
12:24 PM

John is currently in the medical bay with Lincoln and Daniel who's currently getting treatment for his injuries.

John: "All by yourself? Good lord Palmer." He chuckles out in disbelief.

Daniel: "I had to do something sir."

Lincoln: "Doesn't make it any less stupid but you did good." He says as Daniel nods in appreciation.

Brodie arrives and smirks seeing Daniel.

Brodie: "Glad you're still on your feet Palmer but Sir?" He directs to John. "Claire's team came back just now with the Canadians, but Hideo called up ahead saying he needs to talk to you, he's in the Maritime training area."

John finds this curious dismissing himself and finds Hideo sitting on one of the benches watching some ops train.

John: "You wanted to speak with me?" He asks on the bench with Hideo.

Hideo: "It's about Cole Murray sir, did his file mention any behavioral problems?" He asks curiously.

John: "Hideo you know background checks are reserved for Dr Wong." He replies.

Hideo knowing this nods continuing to watch the ops train together.

Hideo: "I'm just saying sir, Cole during the mission displayed some questionable anger... You and I both know what that anger does for people like us, I'm not suggesting Cole be excluded but some checks are needed I feel."

John hums as he understands where Hideo is coming from and says he'll talk to Dr Wong about it. Though he approaches the pool finding Fuyuko sitting on the edge having just gotten out.

John: "Looks like you're back up to full strength." He directs to Fuyuko kneeling next to her.

Fuyuko: "Not entirely but I was getting impatient... I'm ready whenever you need me sir."

John: "That's good to hear, how's training with fellow maritime operatives?"

Fuyuko hums hearing this and tilts her head.

Fuyuko: "It's definitely interesting, with my foreign counterparts... But can I be honest with you sir?"

John looks towards her nodding.

Fuyuko: "I'm honored you brought me onto this team sir, but I'm a thirty-five year old woman and... I want my own family so once the dogs are dealt with I... I want some time for myself and this new family I wanna start."

John gives a gentle smile surprising Fuyuko.

John: "That's understandable Fuyuko, you find your lucky man yet?"

Fuyuko: "Hmm I'm close I think but to be clear? I don't wanna retire as this has reignited my passion for the job."

John: "Whatever you need I'll grant it, that goes for everyone else here."

Fuyuko smiles hearing this having greater respect for John now.

Fuyuko: "You're a good leader John, the kind a team like this needs." She compliments as John thanks her for her kind words.

Sometime later, Cole is settling in his room that he's sharing with Keith and Dustin.

Dustin: "Who's the lucky woman Cole? You weren't married last time I knew." He says laying on his bed across from Cole.

Cole: "No one you would know, she's a lawyer funny enough."

Keith: "That's quite a dangerous game, having a military wife who's a lawyer? That could get ugly." He points out.

Cole: "I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that." He says eventually hearing his name and that he report to Dr Wong's office.

Cole is surprised that he's already being called to meet with the shrink but he goes there regardless and finds John Blackburn there instead.

Cole: "Sir?"

John: "I asked to do this personally if that's alright?" He asks hoping this isn't intruding.

Cole nods showing that he's fine with this taking a seat as John does the same sitting across from him.

John: "I won't sugarcoat this Murray, I have concerns over your readiness after what happened in Berlin." He starts off and sees Cole shifting in his seat. "I know anger is common on the battlefield Murray, it's a good motivator but what's not good is that anger overcoming your mind."

John interlocks his hands together seeing Cole run a possible response in his mind.

Cole: "It won't sir."

John: "How can I be sure?" He asks wanting a better response and assurance.

Cole: "I already screwed up once by allowing Sophia being put in the coma, I won't screw up again as that would mean it'd someone on this team paying the price." He replies.

John hums hearing this but his attention is drawn to the ring on Cole's ring finger.

John: "Your file didn't mention you were married."

Cole: "I made sure that part was left out, my wife deals with enough bullshit as a lawyer so I don't need my own piling onto her." He replies covering the ring.

John: "I understand but your skill set is quite unique, to a point I don't know which Division to put you in." He says making Cole tilt his head. "Ah right, here in FIST we have four division that specialize in specific operations and skill sets."

John: "There's Sword Division, they take on high risk operations on the ground. Like the SAS, Delta Force, JTF2. Shield is our Law Enforcement, they handle operations were loss of life is be kept at a minimum. Trident is the Maritime division, anything that's out at sea or near it? They're the ones, and lastly Division Dagger."

Cole: "Lemme guess, they're the intelligence gathering team?"

John: "Along with anything else that's considered or to be kept quiet, you fit for Sword, and Dagger so... What's your input?"

Cole leans against his seat thinking about this, he wants the high risk ops that Sword offers but Dagger is more up his alley due to the fact he's been a covert op for the last few years.

Cole: "Dagger, you can never go wrong with Covert ops." He replies.

John: "Alright but remember Cole, anger is a motivator, nothing more." He says with Cole nodding.