31: The Devil You Know

Later on that night in a central Mexican city is a grey van with tinted windows driving around the city with the streets being littered with criminals, victims, and civilians trapped in a terrible situation.

One of the Mexican Special Forces going by Matías Vega is kneeling in the back of the van watching the road ahead as one of his colleagues is driving the van.

Matías: "All teams this is Ángel 1-1, coming up on the main street outside the laundry mat now, how copy?" He asks holding his com while his M4 carbine is leaning against one of interior walls of the van.

A member of the Fuerzas Especiales, Danilo Martinez is cautiously moving across a roof with members of his unit following.

Danilo: "Ángel 1-2 copies all, I have sight on your vehicle and the laundry mat... Taina you read?" He asks resting his 716 rifle on the edge and looks through a 2.5× scope.

Taina Gonzalez is leaning against a wall casually smoking a cigarette wearing a long sleeve and ripped jeans that hug her legs tightly.

Taina: "I copy, got a lot of bodies down here." She says huffing out some smoke while adjusting her pony tail.

Matías grabs his suppressed M4 carbine with a reflex sight and angled grip as it has a slightly shorter barrel.

Matías: "Bit late to pull out senorita." As this earns a chuckle from Taina.

Taina: "Hmph I wasn't even suggesting we do so, just be smart about this Vega."

Matías: "Heh I thought we were on a first name basis?"

Taina: "We are behind closed doors and under some sheets perhaps." She bluntly teases as Matías sighs facepalming.

Danilo: "Still here guys." He says almost disgusted by this.

Taina: "Anyway GOPES is five minutes so we can either wait or just go in."

Matías signals the driver to stop as it slows to one.

Matías: "We're going in, Armando and his guys can back us up if we need it." He says with his team ready to go.

Danilo scans the street for possible threats with his sights landing on a homeless pushing a cart of sorts.

Danilo: "All teams got sights on a homeless man pushing around a cart, might be hiding an explosive."

Taina: "I see him, can't tell if he's cartel or just an outsider." She says with some civilians walking past.

Matías looks to see this as he debating what to do.

Matías: "We can't delay, Dan if he makes a move, drop him... Taina clear out." He says opening the back of the van and hops out with his team.

Danilo is watching the homeless man like hawk hoping he doesn't have to pull the trigger.

Danilo: "Come on amigo, don't be in their pocket." He says to himself with his finger resting on the trigger.

Matías and his team come into view signaling everyone to clear out of the area as the homeless man looks terrified. Danilo watches the man's hands closely and sees a wire of sorts.

Danilo: "1-1 standby I see a wire."

Matías and his team raise their weapons towards the man demanding he put his hands up. The man reluctantly complies.

Matías: "Remove the cloth from the cart! Now!" He orders sternly while keeping his M4 carbine aimed at the man.

The man reluctantly removes the cloth revealing the inside of the cart. Matías sighs seeing what's in it as it's just a bunch of deflated balloons.