22: Back Home

May 11th 2022
Chièvres Air Base
11:12 AM

Michael Obertyner is exiting the cargo plane with his gear in hand with his team following him out.

John: "Good to see you in one piece Obertyner." He says shaking hands with him.

Michael: "I'm glad to be in one piece sir... I trust the fly over for Grayson and Lawson was good?"

John: "Mostly, we transferred the WP to a US blacksite where it'll be safe and secured... Go get yourselves some rest, you've all earned it." He says as the team nod and leave to go put their gear away.

Benjamin: "Honored to make your acquaintance Director Blackburn... I heard much of your tales in the CIA through my old commander Zoabi."

John: "Ah that old bear, come on I'll give you all the tour myself." He says walking with them.

Michael meanwhile is putting his gear away shoving his M4A1 into the locker and feels aching across his body.

Fuyuko: "You okay?" She asks leaning against the doorway getting Michael's attention.

Michael: "Yeah... Just my body is tired and stiff."

Fuyuko: "I can imagine, sit down and I'll give you a massage while we talk." She says walking up with Michael looks in surprise.

Michael: "um... Okay?" He asks soon sitting down with Fuyuko standing behind him and begins giving him a massage.

Fuyuko: "So what was it you wanted to talk about?"

Michael: "Remember that time I told you about my parents dying?"

Fuyuko: "Yeah, it's why your saba took you and left for America."

Michael: "My parents... They were harboring a former Hamas agent, he was a good friend of the family and I was friends with his daughter Rania, a good girl." He says interlocking his hands together.

Fuyuko: "How did this come to be?"

Michael: "He wanted a normal life and my mother thought she could give him and his daughter that... Hamas raided our home, my parents hid me in a closet below the stairs... I heard them be tortured by then... They... Took their time." He says lowly seeing flashes of the aftermath.

Fuyuko: "Mike."

Michael: "Yamam arrived an hour later but it was too late." He adds on letting the guilt out.

Fuyuko gently hugs him from behind much to his surprise as he closes his eyes while trying to speak.

Fuyuko: "Shh it's okay Mikey, it's okay." She says soothingly as she can hear Michael trying to hold in his tears. Fuyuko sits next to him and wipes the tears away.

Michael: "I'm sorry, I don't mean to cry."

Fuyuko: "You have every right to cry Mike, there's no weakness in that." She says caressing his face as he looks her in the eyes.

Michael: "Thank you Fuyuko I... Don't know where'd I be if I didn't have you as a friend." He says earning a warm smile from Fuyuko.

Fuyuko: "I'm glad to be part of your life Michael." She says holding his hand as they look down seeing this.

Michael: "Same here Fuyu." He replies with Fuyuko smiling still as she likes being called that. "How's that wound?"

Fuyuko: "Pesky little fucker but I'll live." She retorts making Michael chuckle which she questions.

Michael: "I find it hilarious when you curse." He explains as Fuyuko finds this amusing in a way.

There's suddenly a knock as they look to see someone in the doorway. Fuyuko doesn't recognize him but Michael does.