65: Parabellum & Epilogue

July 2nd 2022
Louisiana USA
4:55 PM

In a nice and quiet neighborhood of Louisiana is a man in his mid fifties driving truck pulling up a driveway. He gets out and unlocks the front door and enters with wide eyes seeing a man sitting on one of the leather recliners.

Man: "John? The hell are you doing here?"

John: "Hey Frank, just wanted to pay a visit, your wife is upstairs taking a shower." He says as Frank does hear the shower running upstairs.

Frank: "Drink?" He asks moving towards the kitchen

John: "I'm good." He says as he draws his 1911 and aims at Frank who stops in his tracks. "Get on the couch Frank, slowly."

Frank: "John... The hell are you doing?" He growls out but is cautious in his movements.

John motions him to sit as Frank sighs but complies with his demands.

John: "Remove your weapons." He orders as Frank again complies having no other options setting the sidearm and knife on the coffee table.

John takes the weapons away and sits back down in recliner keeping his sidearm on frank who tries to speak.

John: "I know what you did Frank, I know all about your relationship with Aegis Dynamics and the Black Dogs." He says as Frank sighs knowing he's screwed.

Frank: "Lemme guess... Dallas told you where my boy could be found?"

John: "Yep, why'd you do it? How'd you manage to even get to this point?"

Frank: "The how is pretty easy actually, you have any idea how many people hold extreme nationalist beliefs? Make those kind of people promises or even appeal to them and they'll join if it means their beliefs can become true." He points out as John maintains his stare at Frank.

Frank: "and then they tell their friends about it and you get the idea."

John: "I guessed your recruitment strategy, how long have you planned this?"

Frank: "Two years after Al-Shayatin really blew up, NATO's handling of the situation was as usual God awful. It took a children's hospital in LA being blown for them to act."

John: "For God's sake, yes cause NATO's ineptitude justifies murdering and harming civilians... You even killed your own men!"

Frank: "And I hate that I had to do it John! But if there's any consolation... NATO did the right thing."

John tilts his head asking what he means by that.

Frank: "Well my men reported fighting against special forces of multiple nationalities and definitely didn't match any known units. Russo the Italian ambassador confirmed your unit's existence when you tried taking Enzo the first time."

John: "Hold on a damn minute, you did all this just so my unit could be formed? Why?"

Frank: "Cause the world as it is now can't handle terrorism that's well funded and trained like an army, my Black Dogs are proof of that and with Dallas now likely running the show? He'll make the Black Dogs even more dangerous."

John is beside himself as he did not expect any of this.

Frank: "But there'll be more, I just hope you and your team will be capable of fighting what comes next and... I know this won't mean jack shit to him but... Tell Obertyner I'm sorry." He says holding his hands out telling him to slap the cuffs on him.

John turns Frank around applying the cuffs on him and escorts him outside where the FBI are waiting. John hands  Frank over to the FBI but instead of relief, he feels like there's now more questions than answers.