39: What We Want

It is late at night in the Tuxtla Gutiérrez Covert Base as Adriana is sitting in an interrogation room with Taina preparing to enter.

Taina: "Thank you for your help, your team has done excellent work here in Mexico." She says to Owen who is loosening his tie.

Owen: "A pleasure Gonzalez, hopefully we'll have Alvaro six feet under by the end of this."

Taina: "If I have anything to say about it, he definitely will be." She says with Owen nodding.

Leonard meanwhile is standing before the door of Lyra's temporary quarters as he exhales while knocking. Lyra opens up having changed into a casual attire and gently smiles seeing Leo soon letting him inside.

Leonard: "I figured we should talk about... You know."

Lyra closes the door and leans against it seeing Leo's look as she can't tell what he's thinking.

Lyra: "Did it bother you?"

Leonard: "No! No I... Not even close, I just have... Concerns."

Lyra: "Fraternization." She answers for him.

Leonard leans against a desk and exhales nervously.

Leonard: "No... Not that, I'm at a point where I don't care about my career... I... Do like you and have for a long time but I don't know if I can be what you need."

Leonard looks down but hears Lyra call to him as he looks up seeing her beckoning him to come over. Leonard does so standing next to her seeing her stare.

Lyra: "As your friend and as a woman who's liked you for a very long time, enough with the self doubts... You are exactly the kind of man I want and need." She says wrapping her arms around his neck like she did at the club.

Leonard is pulled closer to her looking down at her as he's not that bothered by this.

Lyra: "You are kind, understanding, and you've been there for me ever since we've met... Even if you have doubts over this, please have some faith in yourself... For me." She requests.

Leonard takes a moment to think about her words feeling his heart beating against his chest quickly which she feels as well. Lyra goes to speak but is silenced by Leonard kissing her which she returns with no hesitation.

The two embrace for a minutes enjoying every second of this till they mutually separate.

Leonard: "I think... Being with you would be the best decision I'll ever make." He says which makes Lyra laugh in amusement.

Lyra: "That's good to hear... I think there's something we can do to pass the time if you're up for it." She offers as Leonard puts it together and gives her a nod that pleases her.

Meanwhile Owen is changing out of the suit he took from the guard putting on his usual attire when Ivelisse pokes her head into his room.

Owen: "Don't you know how to knock firecracker?"

Ivelisse: "You don't take that long to change Owen, you doing alright?" She asks entering the room as she changed out of the dress.

Owen: "I'm doing pretty good and you must be ecstatic to be out of that dress." He replies.

Ivelisse chuckles while shaking her head and takes a seat with Owen doing the same.

Ivelisse: "You're wrong though."

Owen: "About what?" He asks while tilting his head.

Ivelisse: "You say you're not a good man, I don't believe that."