35: Reynosa

June 9th 2022
Reynosa Mexico
5:46 PM

Near a cafe, Leo and Lyra are seated across each other as they're pretending to be a couple on vacation but really they're looking for anyone who could look like cartel members or fronts for Los condenados.

Lyra: "Got to say, Mexico has some beautiful and vibrant cities."

Danilo meanwhile is sitting in the van driver seat with Mustafa and Ebenezer with him as he chuckles lightly.

Danilo: "You should see them during festivals chica, if there's anything drug cartels and the average person can relate on? It's throwing a festival." He replies in English.

Lyra: "hmm, I'll keep that in mind."

Leonard: "If our guy is here? He's doing a good job making me think he isn't." He says looking around while resting his sunglasses on his forehead.

Danilo: "I trust Armando, we just gotta keep digging a bit more." He says with Leo and Lyra agreeing with him.

Lyra takes a sip of her drink as she stares at Leo.

Leonard: "You know maybe one day I'll consider a vacation here."

Lyra: "Oh? Would it be too much for me to join?"

Leonard: "Not at all, it's always great to have you." He says smiling earning a cute smile from Lyra.

Lyra's attention however is gained seeing some men in their mid twenties glancing their way.

Lyra: "Those two have been here watching us the entire, you think it's cartel?"

Leonard: "They look too clean to be cartel, might be some corrupt cops or something." He suggests.

Danilo: "Very likely, Eben walk and see what they do." He says.

Ebenezer puts on sunglasses while exiting the van and walks around the street seeing the two men.

Ebenezer: "Positive ID on the men, they're definitely cops of the sort, both are carrying." He points out thanks to his years in Yamam.

Ebenezer keeps walking around the street as the men take notice of him and decide to follow.

Leonard: "Eben break off now."

Ebenezer: "Copy, get yourselves out of here... Dan pull the van around." He says quietly into his ear piece.

Man (Spanish): "Hey you in the olive shirt, hold up." He orders as Ebenezer knows he's talking about him.

Ebenezer stops in his tracks turning to face them.

Ebenezer: "Um sorry I don't speak Spanish whatsoever." He says in English which makes the men laugh a bit and converse a bit.

Danilo is listening in on this.

Danilo: "Eben be ready to jump, mask up." He says putting on a balaclava as does Mustafa.

Ebenezer stands there calmly as he knows he can handle these two good for nothing cops but knows it'll cause unnecessary heat.

Danilo is driving towards Eben seeing the cops as Mustafa casually tosses out a flashbang before the two cops and Eben.

Eben quickly turns and runs as the flashbang goes off blinding the corrupt cops. Mustafa opens the backdoors with Eben diving in as Danilo drives off quick.

Danilo: "You handled that much better than I expected."

Ebenezer: "The amount of times I've had to run with my ass being shot at? I may as well be an expert." He says earning a laugh from Mustafa.