Chapter 14

Bang.

The three froze. 

Sakuya looked around and spotted an SSWEA agent standing on the stairwell that lead to the roof. The same roof that they were currently standing on. He exchanged a glance with Niccolo and Iduna. One wrong move and they would get arrested.

The SSWEA agent got to the top of the stairwell and slowly made his way over. And of cause, he had a gun.  Typical. Same old, same old. Why do they always use the same weapons? "Don't move! Identification."

Iduna sighed. "Shit. Run!" And that's what they did.

They jumped over rooftops as the agent started shouting and probably calling for backup. 

"Good thing we are wearing masks." Niccolo chuckled.

"Totally. Our masks are saving us." Sakuya said agreeing.

Iduna nodded. "If they actually found out who we are then we would be in real trouble. They would know not to shoot us. Anyway, change of plans. Before they find out who we really are, Sakuya, run and get Tsurugi away."

Sakuya turned his head slightly so he could see his friend out of the corner of his eye. "What will you guys be doing?" He asked not hiding the fear that flowed through his words.

Niccolo looked over his shoulder to see how far back the enemy was. "We will be leading them away so you can get out safely." The way he had said it, Sakuya thought that he might be getting insulted for not figuring out the obvious.

Sakuya watched as Iduna reached into her pocket and pulled out a box. "Before we part ways, catch." Sakuya caught the box that she had thrown to him. "Inside is the USB which contains the information that we got." She continued. Sakuya nodded. "I'll keep it safe. You two be safe and don't blow our cover." He promised her. He was slightly disappointed in himself that he couldn't help his friends. 

Niccolo nodded. "Please, when you reach the safehouse warn the others."

Sakuya separated from them and hid behind a chimney. He watched his friends run over rooftops before vanishing from sight. He ducked just in time as the SSWEA agents ran by. He waited for a while then after making sure the coast was clear, he ran back, avoiding alleyways, streets, and finally reached the hotel. Jumping through the window he surprised Tsurugi. 

Tsurugi was confused as to why his green-haired friend was back so early. "Sakuya did something happen? Why are you back so early?"

Sakuya ran around gathering everything up. Tsurugi helped when he saw what his friend was doing. "We got found out, but our masks covered our identities. Contact Mahiru and tell him that Iduna and Niccolo will end up getting caught."

Tsurugi pulled out his phone and did as he was told. "What are we gonna do?"

Sakuya sighed. "Once we pack everything up, we will continue to the safehouse as planned."

"But what about Iduna and Niccolo?"

"They will be fine, Tsurugi. Besides out of all of us they are the ones that have a low chance of not blowing our cover. They can handle themselves and talk their way out of anything. They have done it before and they'll do it again. They will escape. I have to make sure you get out of the city undetected."

Tsurugi put his phone in his pocket and pulled on his mask. A white dog mask that Sakuya had made for him and pulled his hood up. "I have texted Mahiru and everything is packed so let's go!"

Sakuya went to the window opposite the window that they were using to climb out and lite a firework. The dark green firework soared up into the night sky.