Chapter 16

"Why? We only popped by to say hi! Right Iduna?" Niccolo smiled at Iduna.

'What's he doing... oh!' Iduna smiled. "Yeah. It's been so long since we have seen you guys. We were in the area and we thought this might be the only time we're ever here so why not pop in and say hi to our old acquaintances? After all, if it weren't for the SSWEA we would literally be in graves now!"

"Really? By hacking into our security system?" Orian snapped.

Niccolo chuckled. "Don't feel bad. You should know that it's our way of saying hi!"

"And you guys live in Tokyo, so what are you doing here?"

Niccolo looked insulted. "I'm from Italy, not Tokyo! Get your facts correct! I went to Tokyo to find Iduna. However, a friend told me that she was here, in England. So I traveled here to see her."

Orian turned to Iduna. "And mistress Iduna, may I ask why you were here?"

Iduna shrugged. "I don't see how it's any of your business, but I was here on a job from C3."

"And what of your Servamps? If I understand correctly they cannot be separated from you for long or there will be dangerous consequences." Orian smirked.

"Wipe that smug look off your face. It's ugly to look at! I've seen red brick walls that are prettier to look at!" Niccolo mumbled under his breath. Orian didn't hear it, but Iduna did and she busted out laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"Wow. Nice job, airhead. Congratulations. You did your homework. Unfortunately for you Mr empty head, nothing is going to happen to us because we broke our contracts ages ago!" Niccolo clapped smiling as Iduna stopped laughing.

"I see. So where are your Servamps?"

"Who? World End or The Mother? I broke my contact with World End a long time ago!" Niccolo said, pulling his knees to his chest while he leaned back against the stone wall of the cell.

"I too left The Mother of Wrath a long time ago." Iduna added trying her best to keep the sadness out of her voice. Niccolo noticed it and tried to keep himself from glancing at her while trying to keep the sympathy off his face. If Orian had noticed the sadness in Iduna's voice he didn't appear to take much notice.

"Why did you leave them? You obviously liked them." Orian asked crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair.

Niccolo looked up at Orian as if he had asked a very stupid question. "One, we liked them as friends, and two, why stick around anyway? The Servamp war is over, so what would be the point in sticking around?"

Orian thought for a moment then nodded thoughtfully. "I see your point, Master Niccolo. So what of your friends?"

Iduna smiled. "Now that question I can answer. I occasionally see them around Tokyo. Licht became a pianist as he had always wanted to. Mikuni runs an antique shop, I see him sometimes around C3. Misono spends all his time at home. And the others are all either at school or overseas."

"I see and what about their Servamps?" Orian asked.

"Last I heard, Lust is at the Alicein Mansion, I don't know if he has an eve or not. Mikuni, to my knowledge, ended his contract with Envy, unfortunately, for him, the Servamp still follows him around. Sloth still follows Mahiru around as well. Same for the others. And that's all I know." Iduna explained.

"What do you know, Niccolo?" Orian says turning to Niccolo.

The black-haired sighed. "I have already said I don't usually go to Tokyo. I am usually in Italy, you know, where I live."