Chapter 28

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everyone is having a great start to 2023! I was supposed to publish this chapter last year but I had my phone confiscated over Christmas. So sorry for the late publish. Anyway I hope you enjoy.
________________________________________________
When Mikuni woke, Misono was already awake having a drink and talking to Tsurugi. Mikuni sat up rubbing his eyes. "Hey."

Tsurugi turned around to find the blonde awake. "Morning sunshine." He greeted.

Misono whacked him on the head. "No flirting when I'm present!"

"Ow. Seriously bro?" Mikuni pouted. 'Where did my sweet cute brother for from before?'

"How can you start flirting when there are people after us trying to kill us? And Tsurugi got a message when we were asleep." Misono said changing the subject.

"Really. Who was is from?" Mikuni asked.

Tsurugi got out his phone. "It's from Kouki."

"And? This is the part when you tell us what he said." Misono demanded.

'I prefer the sweet and caring side of  Misono to the demanding second in command side.' Tsurugi sighed.

Misono thought for a second. "Now that I think about it before we all got separated I saw him with the boss."

"Anyway, Sakuya's group which has Ryusei, Tetsu and Gear, haven't reported in, so they suspect they have been captured." Tsurugi said explaining as he read the message.

Misono eyes widened in shock. "How can they handle Sakuya? Seriously, he's annoying when he's in jail. And what's worse is that the ones in the same cell suffer the most! And I'm talking from experience!"

Mikuni looked at Misono. "Isn't it the same as how Sakuya is annoying in general?"

"Oh yeah, Mr Perfect here is so gold that he always avoids getting in jail with Sakuya. Sorry I forgot." The purple haired boy mumbled to himself. " Anyway, knowing Mahiru I doubt he would want us to waste time rescuing them?"

"Are you a mind reader now? Cause you are correct. Boss said, nos that the Servamps are being targeted and are probably close to finding out where we are, the mission will be moved into the final stages."

"Clever boss. As usual he makes death choosing decisions. But this one is understandable. With the Servamps being targeted this means that they are no longer at the mansion and might be heading out to find us. And no offense to C3, but they won't be able to hold the Servamps back for much longer." Mikuni nodded. He didn't understand Mahiru's decisions most of the time, but he knew best. After all he had been the first one who had joined the SSWEA before everyone else. He knew the system better than anyone else.

"Does the message say where to go?" Misono asked turning to the raven head.

"Well this is the fun part." Tsurugi said smiling.

"Then next time start with the fun start." Mikuni scolded.

"Nah. You start with the bad news first then you cheer us up with the good news!" Misono said.

"Well this will be rather interesting." Tsurugi chuckled. "Our next destination is back to England!"

Mikuni and Misono stared at him. "WHAT!" They shouted at the same time.

"The place we just escaped from, with people who want to kill us, we have to go back? I know boss can joke around, but he's not serious is he?" Mikuni said still trying to get his head around this new update.

"Maybe he does have a death wish, but think about this Mikuni, if boss wants to send us on a suicide mission so badly then that only means one thing." Misono explained. 'how dense can my own brother be? And here I thought he was smart.'

"And... This is where you tell me what the reason is!" Mikuni replied. Then winced when he received a whack on the head from his little brother.

"Seriously! I thought you were smart. Do I really have to spell it out for you? Who are we searching for?" Misono said smiling bitterly. 'Why is the author making me do this?'

"We are searching for 'her'." Mikuni replied. Behind them Tsurugi was doing his vert best to hold in his laughter.

"Yes. Now with that in mind why do you think Mahiru would be sending us to England so desperately. Hmm?"

Mikuni thought for a moment. Before understanding took control of his facial expression. "Oh! So 'she' is in England then."

Misono clapped his hands. "Yes well done Nii-san." He smiled before he turned serious. "Obviously boss wants to complete the mission before the dumbass vampires catch up and do and stupid thing and stop us."

"I see. And can our annoying friend behind us quit laughing. That wasn't funny!" Mikuni had 💢 on his head. As glared at the raven head who has lost complete control of his laughter and was now laughing so hard while rolling around on the ground.

"Haha haha haha haha... But that was so hilarious. I wished I could control my laughter a bit more so I could have taken a video to show the others!"

"Don't you dare tell anyone else about what just happened!" Mikuni turned to Misono who was now looking at the map, trying to find the shortest but safest route to England. "Misono..." He began to complain.

"Not helping. He is your friend not mine." Misono said not even looking up.

"Misono!" Tsurugi explained clutching his hands to his chest pretending to look hurt. "We aren't friends? How mean, why?"

"Why would anyone want to be friends with someone as annoying as you?" Misono asked.

"He's not that annoying!" Mikuni argued.

''Well maybe not to you but then again you are as annoying as he is." Misono said getting to his feet.

"I'm not annoying!" Mikuni gasped.

'I beg to differ. We don't have time for this right now!' Misono turned to his two companions who were now squabbling. "Now let's get going. It's time for all our hard work to pay off." He said before walking off. The other two scrabbled to their feet and hurried to follow.

"Hey Mikuni you okay? Do you not want to do this?" Tsurugi asked him as he walked. For the last few minutes since they had began walking Mikuni had been suspiciously quiet.

Mikuni looked down as they walked. "Of course I want to do this. And I have for a long time. But I wish we didn't have to hurt anyone to complete our goal."

Misono and Tsurugi knew who he was talking about. Misono slowed so  he could walk beside Mikuni. "Mikuni. I know you didn't want to leave but would you rather complete the mission knowing that they are far away hopefully and safe rather than seeinf the pain and sadness on their faces as we fade away?"

"I know Misono. I hope we can see them in our next life."

Misono smiled. "Me too." Mikuni returned the smile.

Tsurugi smiled. He liked it when the siblings got along.

"And of course I hope to see you in the future little bro." Mikuni smiled. And just like that the sweet brother moment is gone.

"Of course we will meet again you idiot! We'll be siblings as we are now. Think before you speak. And don't tell me you will still be a doll loving freak as usual." Misono snapped.

"I'm not being a doll loving freak now am I? And I can't change my personality Misono." Mikuni told him.

"It's because we made you leave Abel at home. And yes you can. All you have to do is this thing called growing up!" Misono shouted in frustration.

Tsurugi was the only one who had noticed that they had stopped walking and at this rate they would they would they nowhere! "Um... Guys shouldn't we get moving?"
__________________________________________
A chapter finally finished.
Hope you like it.
Vote and comment if you wish.
Until next time!