Chapter 44

It was morning and everyone was up and about.

The eves were getting ready to go.

"So what's the plan or is this one of these improvising times." Sakuya asked as he finished putting on his boots.

Mahiru looked over. "Yes and no."

Iduna nodded. "Making up the plan as we go along. As Misono would say. Smart." She was checking she would have enough ammo for her guns.

"Crazy." Niccolo corrected.

"Well crazy is the only game in town right now." Mahiru sighed, and stood as soon as he had finished putting on his boots.

"But this will be a problem. As we are down 5 eves. And C3 is down one member." Alex exclaimed standing up with Gear.

"She does have a point." Gear muttered.

"So what shall we do?" Tetsu asked, looking at Mahiru.

"Yumikage, Johannes and Junichiro stay behind with Shuhei." Mahiru announced.

The said people weren't surprised. They knew that this would be the outcome. But that didn't mean that they weren't sad about it.

"Did you bring all the weapons?" Mikuni asked walking into the chamber with Jeje.

Yumikage and the others walked over with bags. Iduna and Niccolo ran forth and began digging though the bags.

"All your weapons are there." Yumikage gestured at the bags of weapons.

Each eve got a pistol, hand grenade, and a knife along with their own weapons.

"While you guys were asleep I sharpened your weapons." Their was sadness in the blondes C3 agents voice.

"Here's the plan." Mahiru announced getting everyone's attention. "Gear will lead us to our destination. Yumikage and the others will head out of here."

"Also I don't think Lawless and All of Love should come with us." Mikuni admitted.

Lawless was quick to disagree. "No. We are coming." All of Love hesitated, then agreed.

"You can't. Remember, you don't have eves so you would be useless anyway." Iduna said still going though the weapons.

"I agree with Mikuni. Also Licht and Misono wouldn't want you two to be in danger." Jeje said putting his hand on All of Love's shoulder.

"Very well." Lawless said surrending. Licht would probably be very mad if he got hurt. But he hated staying behind.

"I would also like to stay behind." Alex said raising a hand. "If any enemy agents are out there I will face them." The red head said fire burning in her purple eyes.

"Very well." Mahiru nodded before turning to Gear. "How far is it?"

Gear looked at the tunnel. "Not far. This'll all over soon." As well as your lives. However that remained unsaid. Gear had lived a long life and one thing he had learnt is that some things are just better left unsaid.

"Well if everyone had their stuff, we'd better get going." Iduna said as she made her way over to their C3 friends who she hugged. "Goodbye and thanks for everything." She whispered. Which was true. If she hadn't joined C3 she probably would have gotten caught by the SSWEA as she is not a fighter, much like Niccolo.

"You're very welcome." Shuhei whispered in her ear.

"Take care." Junichiro said as he shook Niccolo's hand.

Niccolo was impressed. All the eves knew they would rather they didn't go. And they hid their emotions very well. "We will."

"The minute we leave, take the everyone and head back outside." Mahiru ordered as he looked into Shuhei's eyes.