Chapter 15

With everyone else.

Mahiru's group arrived at the safehouse.

Mikuni paced. He was worried for his little brother, but mostly for Tsurugi because he was not supposed to be fighting anymore, he couldn't. Mikuni knew that Tsurugi hated being kept out of all the action, no matter how hard he tried to hide it, Mikuni just knew the black-haired boy better than anyone. Could see through him like a glass window.  Could know what he was thinking as if he could read his mind. Well, I guess that's what happens when you've been around someone so much. Misono could take care of himself, so he didn't need to worry about him.

Alex sat at the table, tapping on the keyboard to her computer. Mikuni and Mahiru both knew that Alex was only trying to distract herself so that she wasn't thinking of Lucky, which obviously wasn't working and they could tell mostly because of how hard she was pressing the keys on the keyboard, which meant that distracting herself wasn't working.

Mahiru was sitting at the table reading through what Gear had given them. It was two hours later when the door opened. Mikuni immediately grabbed the gun that he had lying on the chair under the table. Alex just looked up for a few seconds before turning her attention back to her computer. Mahiru turned around in his chair to face the hallway that lead to the entrance, cause if it is the enemy then its better to be facing the enemy than dying with your back turned right.

Anyway, there were hush voices and quick footsteps and two people rounded the corner and everyone froze. 

"Tsurugi?" Mikuni asked, eyes widening.

Tsurugi was leaning on Sakuya, with Sakuya's arm around him. He looked pale, his left hand was resting on his right shoulder. He was covered in blood. Sakuya had one arm wrapped around Tsurugi's waist holding him up and his left arm dangled at his side. Blood covered him as well.

"Well, hello! Could you please help us instead of staring?" Sakuya asked in a stuttering voice as he stumbled forward and gentled lowered Tsurugi into the chair that Mikuni had been sitting and collapsed into the chair next to him. Mahiru hurried into the kitchen, then into the bathroom, there were a series of noises, crash, bang, clatter, clang, thump, that echoed down the hallway. A minute later Mahiru walked hurriedly down the hallway with the first AID kit.

Mahiru walked over to the lounge area. Mikuni approached Tsurugi and gently picked him up and carried him over to the couch, while Sakuya stumbled over with Alex's help. Mahiru kneeled on the floor, opened the first AID kit and gestured at Tsurugi to take his jacket off. Tsurugi stared at Mahiru, Mahiru stared back and when his gaze turned into a glare, Tsurugi slowly shrugged himself out of his jacket. 

Mahiru tore his shirt so that he could get a better view of his shoulder. "What the hell happened?"

Sakuya sighed. "We got attacked. Tsurugi got shot then 3 SSWEA agents attacked us. We killed them of course and destroyed their radio. That's why we were late getting here!"

Tsurugi gasped as Mahiru pulled a bullet from his shoulder. "Bullet from a sniper rifle."

"Son of a bitch." Tsurugi muttered under his breath. Mahiru gave the bullet to Alex and went back to cleaning his friends shoulder. "You okay Sakuya?"

The said nodded. "I'm fine. I managed to avoid getting shot."

Mikuni leaned over the back of the couch to hug Tsurugi. "I'll go and make us all some coffee." Mikuni walked into the kitchen.

"Are we the first to get here?" Tsurugi asked as he walked back into the lounge after going upstairs to change into some clean clothes.

Mahiru nodded not looking up from the files he was reading.