Chapter 23

With Licht's group.

"What? The Servamp of Spring got shot?" Lucky shouted, standing up so fast that he knocked over his chair.

Iduna nodded. "That is what our sources tell us."

"So what? They broke their promise and started killing the Servamps." Licht said making Lucky glared at him before reaching across the table and whacking him on the head.

Pandora was confused. "What promise?"

"They said as long as the Servamps didn't find out about the SSWEA, that we were apart of it, if we said anything they would kill them." Licht replied doging Lucky's attack.

Niccolo sighed. "Looks like the rules for this game have changed."

Violet walked back in. "What are the new rules?"

"Looks like if we don't turn ourselves in, they will kill the Servamps." Iduna said.

"And they started with the Servamp of Spring as a warning." Lucky grumbled, after giving up on hitting Licht that he had sat back down in is chair.

"Well as long as the Servamps stay in that place they should be alright. Right?" Star suggested.

Licht snorted. Then laughed. "You mean the Alicein Mansion? Ha! As is they would actually stay there. They would probably be getting a plan together to escape as we speak if they haven't escaped already."

"But we should keep an eye on the Servamps anyway." Iduna declared.

It was now Snow's turn to be confused. "Why?"

Niccolo looked up from his computer. "Um guys we have a problem."

"Well that's nothing new. We've had quite a lot of those lately. You have to be more specific about which problem you are talking about!" Licht chuckled.

"This is a new problem." Niccolo said.

"Oh C’mon. A new problem is so not what we need. Please tell me that this problem will be easy to solve!" Licht and Lucky said in unison staring at Niccolo.

"Our old squad buddies are in Tokyo." Niccolo replied.

Iduna took a sip from her cup. "And they have their weapons."

Lucky sighed. "Guys, I know that we shouldn't go back this early, but would you rather go back and save them or ignore the problem and end up losing them?"

Niccolo's head shot up and he stared with wide eyes at Lucky.

"No... we've made too many mistakes... please I don't want to MAKE AMYMORE MISTAKES! I DONT WANT TO LOSE LAWLESS." Licht, with his head in his hands had begun shouting as tears droped into the table.

Lucky then realized what he had said and placed a hand over his mouth.

Iduna moved to sit next to Licht. The latter moved so he had his head on her chest and his arms wrapped around her. Iduna gently patted his head. "Shh. It's okay. Everything will be fine Licht." Then she looked up at the others. "As much as it pains me to say I know we would rather go and save them, then lose them."

"Alright. It looks like we are going home early." Niccolo announced.

"Now all we need to do is organize a plan to safety get to Tokyo, rescue the Servamps and get away without answering any questions." Lucky said.

"So you're running away?" Pandora exclaimed.

"We don't want to, but we have no other choice. One we don't want them involved in this cause it's none of their business. Two they are so not dying on us. And three we don't want then to find out what horrible stuff we have done to them in the past." Iduna said softly.