Chapter 45

Warning: This is a sad chapter. Character deaths.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Tetsu and Niccolo shared a glance before attacking together. Niccolo attacked from the right and attacked from below. Tetsu attacked from the left and from above.

However 'she' responded with a kick to Niccolo's chest which sent him spinning away falling to the floor and she pulled a sword from under the couch and met Tetsu head on.

Sakuya jumped in to take Niccolo's place as Iduna rushed to his side. 'She' responded by jumping up kicking them both away and ducking behind a pillar to dodge Mikuni's arrows. Sakuya jumped up and joined Tetsu in the chase trying to corner 'her'. When Niccolo jumped up he, Mahiru, Mikuni and Iduna joined in the chase.

They managed to surround 'her' in the centre of the room.

"Stop trying to run. There is no escape." Sakuya snapped. And ran forth glaive swinging.

"Sakuya stop!" Mahiru tried to stop him but it was too late. 'her' veil fell off. 'She' shrieked. The inhuman creature jumped landing on the ceiling, where she glared down at them with three black eyes. The creature shrieked again as 20 long black tentacles exploded from her back. The tentacles grabbed them and threw them.

The group slammed against the walls falling to the ground. The creature floated to the ground. And went straight for Mahiru. Unfortunately he could only dodge as he had dropped his weapon. Tetsu grabbed his sword and slid it to him. Mahiru and the creature dueled while the others grabbed their own weapons and began dodging the tentacles.

"What the hell is this creature?" Sakuya exclaimed.

"No clue. But it's definitely inhuman." Mikuni shouted back as he whacked the tentacles with his bow.

"I tried to warn you!" Mahiru grunted.

Tetsu found Mahiru's septer and ran forth. Mahiru saw and back flipped out of the creature's grasp. He slid the sword back as his septer slid into his hand. He whacked her on the head as 'she' tried to grab him from behind.

Sword in hand Tetsu jumped into the battle.

Meanwhile Iduna, Niccolo and Mikuni worked to help clear a party for Sakuya so he could go and help the two. But the tentacles were too fast and before Mikuni could dodge the tentacles went straight for him, standing him in the chest and sent him flying

"Mikuni!" They all cried.

During all the confusion the creature pushed Tetsu away and he went down. Mahiru was pushed against the wall. Sword clashed against Septer. "Listen Tetsu is fine. Iduna, Niccolo find a way to stop those tentacles, Sakuya check on Mikuni." He ordered.

The three did as they were told. Iduna and Niccolo rushed at the tentacles taking them out one by one. But they just kept growing back.

Sakuya ran to Mikuni's side. The hole went straight through his chest. "Mikuni are you alright?"

Mikuni looked up at him. "Oh I'm fine. It's not like I have a deep hole in my chest or anything."

"Yeah you're fine!" Sakuya smiled sadly.

Mikuni placed a hand on Sakuya's knee. "I'm fine. Besides I won't die. Not until 'she' is dead. Don't worry about me. I'll heal. Slowly and painfully, but I'll heal."

"Unless 'she' is killed. You'll die." Sakuya pointed out.

Mikuni sighed and looked away.

Meanwhile the tentacles went for Iduna next. They wrapped around her whip swinging her around. When they let go she went straight through the wall into the next room over.