Prologue

It was time.

I glanced up to the moon, hoping to calm my nerves.

We had failed.

Just on the edge of our packs territory, I froze. The giant house in the distance was waiting for me to bring good news. But I didn't have any.

We could run.. I heard the voice in the back of my mind. Frankly, she was right. We could run and never look back, we could be rogues. I felt at peace in the forest, with the mud under my paws, the fresh rain on my muzzle.

But I knew they would hunt me down.

I slowly shifted back to my human form as I slowly approached the house. Most lights were off and some warriors greeted me.

The hallway towards my father's office looked gigantic, I had to force my feet to move forward. I took a deep breath, raising my hand to knock.

The door opened with a loud thud. As I stared at the man in front of me, his arms crossed and his eyes fuming with anger.

'You have failed Lia,' He boomed. 'You are a disgrace to me, our pack and the moon.'

My wolf growled loudly in my head, but I didn't dare to look up. We knew better, we have been through this before.

'I, Rodney Dave Silver, great-grandson of the Elder Conan Dave Silver, hereby disown you, Accalia Lycia from the Silver bloodline and hereby announce you to serve the pack until removed from your duties by death.' He spoke in his Alpha tone.

Wait what? Disown me?

'But father!' I tried. His eyes glowing bright yellow as he turned to me. 'You are not my daughter anymore Accalia. You have failed. Now leave!'