Capitulum 1

I ran through the forest. My paws flew across the ground,  i easily dodged tree roots, rocks and various other things from the forest.

I heard the loud growling from the wolves behind get closer as they pursued me and I response I pushed myself further, my senses hightened in on everything around me. The dirt and leaves crunching underneath my paws attacked my senses.

My breathing came fast, the harsh panting sounded loud in my ears. The build up anxiety and adrenaline urged my body to give control to my wolf. 'Leto.. please let just give up.. I can't.' I begged my wolf as she growled loudly in my head.

She didn't like the feeling of being prey. She loved to do the hunting herself. 'It is not over when you lose, it is over when you quit.' She growled softly. With a low growl she took control, she was done running, she was the wolf and she did the hunting.

The fur at my neck and of my tail stood as she ran straight towards the closest wolf. I recognized him as the new younger warrior, next in line for Beta. Leto bit down hard in his neck, causing him to whimper in pain as she moved to bit down again when a hard shove sent me sprawling. 'Enough!' A loud voice boomed, instantly I shifted back to my human form, Leto still on edge from the recent fight. Our Alpha looked down on me. 'Bring Daniel to the pack nurse,' He stated as he looked at the beat down boy.

I glanced at Alora and some other Omega wolves that were used for the hunting training, they looked pretty beat up. 'What about them?' I asked, trying to control my anger.

'They'll heal before the next chase.' With that he turned and walked back to the pack house.

I shook with anger as I bit my tongue. In the last four years I had grown to hate my father more and more, four years ago he had disowned me for not being able to find my mate. He had taken my rank as heir to the throne and replaced it with being an Omega.

Taking a deep breath I moved to help some other Omega's up and helped them walk back to shed. I felt a light tap on my shoulder as I turned to face Alora.

Alora was one of my closest friends, she was one of the oldest Omega's and at the age of 28 she was kind of the only person that helped us. 'You need to be more careful with how you speak to our Alpha,' She spoke softly as she turned to help a younger boy. 'You are going to get us hurt, more than this hunt thing.'

I ran my hand through my hair. 'I know.. I am sorry.'

She eyed me. 'Are you though Azz? Because it seems like every single time you open your mouth one of us takes the blame.'

I looked down at my hands and sighed. She grabbed my hands forcing me to look in her eyes and quickly changing the subject. 'Do you think you can ask your grandmother for some herbs? We might need them.'

I let my gaze run over the wounded wolves in front of me, grabbing my bag from behind a tree, swinging my bag over my shoulder as I slowly maneuvered myself through the packs territory. I didn't want to get any unnecessary attention, so I kept my head down. I heard Leto growl let out a low growl in my the back of my head. The ground vibrated underneath me as a group of five wolves nearly ran me over. One of them nipped at me. 'Watch it idiot!' He growled and I instantly recognized the wolf as Owen, my older brother who, in every single way, took after my father and would become our new Alpha in two years, at the age of 25.

'I'll show him who is Alpha..' Leto growled, I rolled my eyes and laughed. I shook my head, I loved Leto and her temper. 'We can't break his ego Leto.' I chuckled.

I could already smell the fresh herbs as I reached the small cabin and saw my grandmother sit on a tree trunk, her grey long hair was braided, her green eyes looked full of life as she smiled at the younger wolves in front of her. Hanging on every word she said. I leaned against the wall, closing my eyes as I focused my hearing to the story.

'But you know kids, it wasn't just a myth. The Moon Goddess indeed gave birth to four children, our Elders. The direct children of the Moon Goddess, they are incredibly powerful. Three boys and one girl, no one knows how she got pregnant but the story goes that the Greek Gods themselves gave them life.' She spoke softly.

'Wow.. really?' A young boy squeaked, hurting my ears.

My grandmother laughed. 'Yes dear. Elder Beowulf found his mate quite fast and created the Midnight pack, they live in harmony and they enjoy the small territory they have. Elder Amaruq found his mate only a year after his brother and they created the Blue Moon pack. The third son, Conan, created the Silver Moon pack by himself...' She paused for a minute as I heard her heart skip a beat and her breathing becoming a little bit heavily.

'He found his mate a little after and they became one of the strongest pack to ever existed. A little after their wedding they created the new rule that every wolf, at the age of 18, had exactly one year to find their mate. Believing that mates made each other stronger and in that way, make the entire pack stronger.' She finished, her breathing returning to normal.

'Is that why my sister has been send off to find her mate?' A young girl asked and my grandmother smiled. 'A mate.. is one of the most wonderful things that could happen to you. It is the most amazing connection you could have. You live and breathe just for them.'

'What happened to the daughter?' Someone asked, this spiked my curiosity.

'People believe she has died when her territory was set on fire and no one made it out alive.'

~~~~~